Locks Career Center
Moore's Locks Career Center is a lifelong resource for both students and alumni.
Some of the Locks Career Center's Resources Include:
- Career Resources for Creatives: Powered by the Connelly Library Lib Guides
- Books on starting your own business/entrepreneurial endeavors, job search preparation, and art and design careers.
- Business Resource and Innovation Center - Free Library
- The Go-To Student Resource for All Things - Campus Philly
- Curated job board and networking resources on Connect Moore
Fellowship, Award & Prize Opportunities
Moore offers students the opportunity to compete for fellowships and awards that will support them financially as they enhance their skills. Students can apply individually, or as a team of two.
Internships & UELO: Information for Juniors
Moore is the only art and design school that provides a $1,000 paid internship to ALL students between their junior and senior years.
The Locks Career Center is here to support you as you search for and complete your summer internship. Please visit our helpful Lib Guide to view the internship guidebook, including procedures and resources to support your search.
In 2023, we've expanded and broadened our internship initiative with the Unique Experiential Learning Opportunity (UELO) program, which provides a tailored, project-based experience for students as an alternative to a traditional internship experience. Participating students submit a proposal to be considered for a UELO. Those who are chosen work with a professional mentor and develop a one-on-one relationship that will be useful for years to come. Networking opportunities and skill-building help students envision what it means to be a working artist or designer, alongside lots of creative exploration and discovery.
For employers interested in providing Summer Internship Opportunities, please scroll below for more information.
For more information about internships, UELOs, or any other Locks Career Services, please contact us directly:
Employers Interested in Providing Summer Internship Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in providing internship opportunities to students at Moore College of Art and Design. Students are required to complete an internship during the summer between their junior and senior years. our internship participation will provide students with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience and training within their chosen field.
Please review our current internship parameters:
- Moore requires students to fulfill 200–240* hours for internship credit.
- Moore requires all internship hosts to fill out and sign an internship contract, via DocuSign, submitted to you, the internship host, by the Locks Career Center (not submitted by the student), which specifies start and end dates of the internship, the hours commitment, intern responsibilities and tasks, and stipulations around compensation.
- Moore will not usually sign a third party agreement but may accept a copy of a company’s or organization’s own internship contract. This is only acceptable for PAID internships and typically are offered only by companies or organization with 25 or more employees. Substitution of contract forms will only be done on a case by case basis in consultation with the Locks Career Center, faculty and department chair.
- Moore requests internship hosts be available for a mid-point check halfway through the internship. This is conducted via email and is a brief list of questions to be sure there are no red flags or need for intervention.
- Moore requires all internship hosts fill out a final evaluation, via Survey Monkey, at the completion of the terms of the internship, which will count toward 30% of the student’s academic grade.
- Moore requests all internship hosts communicate with the Locks Career Center staff prior to any termination of an internship or adjustment to the agreed upon timeline.
- Please post your opportunity on the career center portal Connect Moore. Registration is free and posting instructions are provided below.
Employer Registration Instructions for Connect Moore
- Step 1: Go to Connect Moore
- Step 2: Click on “Join Your Community”
- Step 3: Register by clicking on the “Email” icon
- Step 4: Click on the green “Create Account” icon at the bottom of the screen
- Step 5: Once you are in the Connect Moore system, click the “Opportunities” icon in the top left-hand corner
- Step 6: Click on “Explore Jobs,” “Share Opportunity (mid-right of the page)” then “Hire”
- Step 7: Complete all fields and I will approve your job shortly
For more information regarding hosting a summer intern, please contact Locks Career Center Director Shakeyia Kersey at email@example.com or 215.965.4010.
To promote a job, internship or other opportunity for Moore students and/or alumni, please register as a friend of the College on Connect Moore.