Moore offers students the opportunity to compete for fellowships and awards that will support them financially as they enhance their skills. Students can apply individually, or as a team of two. To learn more about fellowships also be sure to check out our Lib Guide!
Approximately $40K in Fellowship Money to be Awarded!
- Leadership fellowships offer funding ‘real world’ leadership experiences for emerging students committed to professional success.
- Travel fellowships offer students the funding to travel domestically and abroad to enhance their leadership and creative skills.
- Internship fellowships offer juniors supplemental funding to obtain an experience above and beyond traditional internship opportunities.
- Senior Awards celebrate students who have made a significant impact on the Moore community with their creativity, service, and leadership capabilities.
For more information about these opportunities, join us for our Fellowship Information Session on Wednesday, October 5th in the Great Hall. You can also sign up to receive emails about the fellowship process here.
Leadership fellowships available for sophomores and juniors:
- The Tiffany & Co Foundation Leadership Fellowship for $1,250 (for sophomores only)
- The Frieda Fehrenbacher Women's Leadership Fellowship for $2,500 (for juniors only)
- The Sis Grenald Women's Leadership Fellowship for $2,500 (for juniors only)
- The Happy Fernandez Leadership Fellowship for $6,000 (for juniors only)
Competing students submit written proposals to work on projects that will help them develop personal qualities or skill sets useful to leaders. Leadership fellowships will allow them to work with an innovative individual or organization. These experiences expand the opportunities at Moore to cultivate leadership skills in the classroom and in student organizations.
Travel fellowships available for juniors:
- The Frieda Fehrenbacher International Travel Fellowship for $2,500
- The Sis Grenald International Travel Fellowship for $2,500
- The Sarah Peter Fellowship for $1,750
- The Harriet Sartain Fellowship for $1,250
Students compete for all four fellowships in the spring of each academic year by writing a proposal outlining how the fellowship will support the development of their work and by installing a selection of their work in the Paley Gallery.
Competitive internship fellowship available for juniors:
The Penny Fox Internship Fellowship is the sole competitive fellowship for an internship. It encourages thinking “bigger and bolder” in the internship search, with the prospect of the additional support. Competing students submit written proposals to work on projects that will help them develop personal qualities or skill sets useful to leaders.
Awards available for Seniors
The goal of the Happy Fernandez Women’s Leadership Prize is to celebrate students who have demonstrated significant leadership through their contribution and impact on the arts, the Moore community, or the community at large
This competitive award pays tribute to Marian Locks’ pioneering spirit, her vision and her commitment to contemporary artists. The winner of the Marian Locks Award will be selected based on their outstanding potential to benefit from an opportunity to explore career possibilities, which may include purposeful travel.
Fellowships, Prizes, and Awards are conferred on the basis of merit alone. The selection processes may include initial screenings by departmental faculty or internal committees. The winners are chosen by outside jurors, who are regional experts in their fields. All of these opportunities are designed to help women and non-binary artists bridge the gap between the world of education and the world of work.