Design fields are vibrant and jobs in Interior Design are thriving!
Interior designers ask questions about the spaces we spend most of our time. Our talented faculty are practicing interior designers who help students answer those questions by educating them to become creative, socially responsible, practicing professionals. Students develop design skills that emphasize the imagination while taking into account the needs of the space and their future clients.
The program’s Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) ensures that our students will have the skills and connections to practice in the field.
Testimonials – Internship Employers
'She’s great. Hardworking/reliable and honest. Great team player. We would love to have her as part of our design team'.
RD Jones & Associates, Inc.
‘Casey is responsible, diligent, detail-oriented, and flexible. Casey has been a great asset to our firm this summer.’
‘She had consistent engagement and willingness to seek out new work and opportunities to learn.’
Czarnowski Display Service, Inc.
She is a 'very bright intern with good design, organization, and communication skills.'
Raymond R. Rola, Architect
Lauren's energy, professionalism and organization were a great asset to our firm. Lauren's creativity was very helpful…Her understanding of color trends was an asset.'
She has 'a great attitude, diligent, productive, responsible and respectful, eagerness to learn technical ability using 3D rendering software. She has a great attitude and approach. Her personality enhances her interaction with her peers. A real joy to work with.'
News & Highlights
- Congratulations to Moore MFA Interior Design students Sonia Benner and Jocelyn Eisenstaedt for winning third place as a team in the HOK Futures Design Challenge competition. Click here to learn more
- The Interior Design major at Moore College of Art & Design can boast that for the last three years—2013-2016— 100% of our graduates have found meaningful employment in their field. Their curriculum supports the technical skills, creative sensibilities and entrepreneurial spirit needed to be successful, and with a focus on intense career preparation and an eye on opportunities across industries, our young alumna emerge ready to meet the competitive challenges of the design workplace. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Congratulations to Shakira Hunt ‘15, Interior Design major, who earned an Honorable Mention for the project she submitted to the IIDA 2015 Design Bowl Competition! Read more and see her board
- Four BFA and four MFA in Interior Design students entered the Jacobs 2015 Student Interior Design Competition and two MFA students won awards. See details here
- Carol Elia '88 worked on a project at C R DESIGN that was recently awarded the Interior Design for Pine Run's new Community Center or Hub as it is called by the Pine Run Staff and Residents. This $6 million project is located in Doylestown, PA. C R Design has recently completed for the same client a 5 story Health Center Renovation project which included selection and design of all new finishes as well as procurement of $1 million in furnishings.