Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
Are you committed to telling a visual story that can move people through sharing ideas, conveying messages, or interpreting emotions? The Illustration major is dedicated to the ideal that an illustrator is first and foremost a knowledgeable and skilled artist/designer. Our renowned faculty encourage the development of a creative imagination and a personal style, while promoting the exploration of historic and contemporary illustration processes and practices. This approach prepares students for the challenging world of illustrative art and design. Professional business practices and presentation skills are emphasized to prepare students to enter professional careers. Read more about the major...
ews & Highlights
- 93% of 2014 Illustration graduates are employed, 93%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Michelle Lockamy, a senior Illustration major, won the Illustrators of the Future Grand Prize award winner in L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers and Illustrators of the Future Contest. The international contest is designed for new and amateur sci-fi and fantasy artists to be published for the first time and launch their professional careers.
- Two illustrations - "Monday" and "Tuesday" - by Linus Curci ’14, Illustration, were selected by the jury for the Society of Illustrators Student Scholarship Competition 2015 Exhibition.
- Fashion Illustration alumna Renee Reeser Zelnick '89 designed a custom car for Carson Daly on NBC's the VOICE and designed a print comp that was used for the ad campaign for The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
- Moore faculty member Stephen Layne Designs Joe Frazier Statue in Philadelphia on This Week's Story.
- Kristen Birdsey '12 has recently completed a project for the Hopewell Valley Arts Council to create a life size fiberglass oxen for their township-wide Stampede project. Her ox entitled "Iron Oxide" won one of four Hopewell Valley Arts Council awards and was selected to be auctioned off at the Grounds for Sculpture Stampede Gala in January.