The mission of the art education department is to prepare students to be professional artist-teachers according to Pennsylvania Department of Education standards. Students are prepared through studio art course work and hands-on practical experience. As student teachers, they learn to share their knowledge and appreciation of art with all students including those with special needs. Successful completion of the program opens opportunities to teach in museums and community institutions, as well as in primary, middle and secondary schools. Read more about the major...
News & Highlights
- 86% of 2013 Art Education graduates are employed, 100%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- A new addition to the Moore website is our Podcast Series, the purpose of which is to share scholarly and highly informative lectures by Moore faculty, alumni and staff with the public. We’re launching the series with these two lectures on leadership by President Fitzgibbon.
- Congratulations to Moore alumna and faculty member Lynne Horoschak '66 on being named the PA Art Educator of the Year.
- Moore is Second Home for Philadelphia Art Teacher Liz Long, goes through Young Artists Workshop through to Moore's Masters Program. Liz earned her BFA in Art Education in 2007, her Post-Baccalaureate in 2010 and her MA in Art Education with Emphasis in Special Populations in 2013.
- DRIVING MRS M is a documentary film about a group of 3rd graders, who were not allowed to do a fund raiser for their teacher, who lost both arms and both legs. But, they did it anyway. They are about to wrap three years of shooting this summer. Please visit and LIKE our DRIVING MRS M Facebook page. Director: Connie Bottinelli class of 1969
I'm currently employed with the New York City Department of Education. I'm the visual art teacher at Claremont International High School in the South Bronx. My population of students consists of 9th and 10th grade...
Moore is such a tight-knit community and it really helped me grow as an artist and individual. I decided to come to Moore my senior year of high school. I always knew I wanted to be a teacher and I loved art so I...
Moore College of Art & Design
I have been awarded my BFA in Art Education and my MA in Art Education with an Emphasis on Special Populations from Moore College of Art & Design. During my time at Moore I have learned to think critically, reflect and...