Go beyond the BFA.
Already thinking about the next step beyond your BFA? A lot can happen in just one extra year—why not stay and get your Master's degree?
Moore's one-of-a-kind 4+1 BFA + MA programs are official academic pathways open to ALL Moore undergraduate students. Choose from one of the following paths, depending on your undergraduate major:
- BFA in Art Education + MA in Art Education with an Emphasis in Inclusive Practices
- BFA in any major (except Art Education) + MA in Socially Engaged Art
Students who declare their intent to apply to the 4+1 program will gain special access to Graduate Studies events as an undergraduate student.
PLUS: Each accepted 4+1 student receives a $10,000 graduate fellowship!
Requirements for 4+1 applicants include:
- A 4+1 application form (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the form)
- The names of two Moore faculty members, who can serve as references
- A personal Statement
- An interview with the graduate program director of the MA program of your choice
- A culminating GPA at the time of graduation of 3.0 or higher
- Note: Applicants may be asked to submit a portfolio or online gallery link, as well as a writing sample
Applicants must apply by January 20 of their senior year to be guaranteed a $10,000 fellowship if accepted into the 4+1 program. All 4+1 applications received after January 20th will be considered on a rolling basis and will not be guaranteed a graduate fellowship.
Applications received before January 20 will be reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee in February. Official notification will be sent in March. Accepted Moore seniors who have submitted a FAFSA before February 1 will also receive financial aid information with their official acceptance letter, which will includes the Moore 4+1 $10,000 Graduate Fellowship.