Dear Moore students, faculty & staff:
In accordance with the City of Philadelphia’s decision to rescind the citywide mask mandate, Moore College of Art & Design students, faculty, staff and campus visitors are no longer required to wear a mask on campus, effective immediately.
As with previous mask mandate drops, we understand that some students and employees will choose to continue to wear masks for personal or health-related reasons. We encourage members of our community to wear a mask (preferably a surgical mask, KN95/KF94, N95, or EHRS-recommended Aries mask as opposed to a single layer cloth mask), regardless of masking requirements, in the following situations:
- if you are not up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccinations
- if you are personally at high risk
- if you are in frequent close contact with someone who is high risk
- if you have COVID symptoms
- if you test positive for COVID (after which you should isolate, per CDC guidelines)
- if you go to an airport
- if you have been exposed to someone with COVID
- if you live in an area with "substantial" or "high" spread of the virus (defined as 50 to 100, or 100 or more, respectively, new weekly cases per 100,000 people)
- if, for any reason, you want to
- We expect and encourage everyone in our community to be respectful and understanding of each other’s choices regarding masks.
We are looking forward to safely enjoying upcoming spring events in each other’s company, such as the Senior Show and Spirit Week next week, and Commencement and the Fashion Show in May. We will continue to alert you of any changes to campus regulations as they arise.