The SADI Program at Moore Is...
- A fun-filled, four-week creative pre-college experience
- A sneak peek of your future career in art and design
- A place to meet new friends who share your interests
- A great way to get a head start on preparing your college portfolio
- The best summer ever—and this year, it’s all online!
Are you a creative, motivated and independent young woman who’s currently a rising high school sophomore, junior or senior? Whether you’re new to art or an emerging artist interested in fleshing out a portfolio, Moore's Summer Art & Design Institute, a.k.a. SADI, has an experience that’s just right for you. #mooresadi
“My most favorite part about SADI was that I got to meet a variety of other artists and designers. Working alongside other artists helped me learn more about my own art and the world of art itself.” — SADI 2019 Student
Don’t let the summer pass you by! Over four weeks, you’ll earn three college credits, make great friends with shared interests, work on your portfolio and start preparing for your future in art and design!
SADI 2020 will take place in a virtual format , July 12 through August 8, featuring SADI’s most popular tracks of study, including Animation, Illustration, Painting and Game Design, plus foundational courses in Drawing and Visual Thinking & Color Theory.
You’ll learn from experienced Moore College of Art & Design faculty who have expertise in virtual art and design education, and who will help you enhance your skills, work on your portfolio and get a head start on the creative career of your dreams. Plus: SADI assistants from Moore’s BFA program will assist you in class and during Virtual Study Halls, so that you can learn directly from students who were exactly where you were, just a few years ago!
“I love SADI and I love Moore. I fell in love with every part of it and I miss it greatly. Everyone there [was] massively supportive.” — SADI 2019 Student
Lacking in supplies at home? No problem! When you register for SADI 2020, you’ll receive free access to Adobe Creative Cloud and a complimentary SADI Essentials Kit, valued at over $400, featuring all of the high-quality art supplies you’ll need for your classes, including drawing pads, canvases, colored pencils, chalk pastels, acrylic paints, charcoal and more!
In addition to your classes, your SADI experience will include:
- Creative and professional development workshops on home studio design, networking, college portfolio preparation and more
- Online talks and Q&As with Moore alumni now working in their fields of study, such as animation and illustration
- Fun evening events where you’ll get to know your fellow SADI students, including movie screenings, bingo and trivia nights, video game nights and a culminating dance party!
- A closing ceremony where you’ll receive a certificate of completion and celebrate with family and your new friends
PLUS: Participating SADI 2020 students will receive three college credits and a certificate of achievement after successful completion of the four-week program and will be eligible for a $2,500 annual scholarship upon acceptance to Moore’s BFA program!
Ready to learn more and sign up?