Enrollment & Tuition
How to Enroll
A completed enrollment form and $206 enrollment fee are required to reserve your space. SADI’s enrollment fee is nonrefundable. Early enrollment is suggested, as space within studio concentrations is limited.
- Students grades 10–12
- Students from anywhere in the U.S.
- International students who have strong English-language skills. Students whose first language is not English must submit TOEFL or SAT scores. Minimum TOEFL scores are 500 (paper exam); 173 (computer exam); or 61 (internet exam). Questions about the TOEFL or obtaining a student visa shouldbe directed to Moore’s AdmissionsOffice at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.965.4015.
Planning to pay the SADI enrollment fee via credit card using Moore's Self-Service portal? Please complete the 2021 SADI Enrollment Form to reserve your course selections today!
Online enrollment and tuition payments for SADI are conducted via Self-Service, Moore’s online registration portal. If you have not used the system before, please read through the following steps below to ensure a successful and complete registration process.
- NEW USERS: If this is your first time registering through the online portal, please follow the prompts to create a new account.
- RETURNING USERS: If you have forgotten your username and/or password, follow the steps above for new users. Email email@example.com after completing your registration; we will merge your records. If you have used the self-service portal before, log-in with your username & password.
After setting up account/logging into Self-Service
- On the Self-Service home screen, please select Find Courses. This will take you to the Search page tab.
- Under Section Search, please enter SADI in the Keyword box. Select the search button. Options to add the SADI enrollment and tuition fees will appear. Please select one or both options. (The tuition fee can be paid at a later date. It must be paid in full by June 1.) You will have the option to view your cart or proceed to registration.
- Please have your preferred credit card readily available. Self-Service accepts all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express.
Completing your registration in Self-Service
- Ensure you have a few minutes to complete all the steps at once, without your computer going idle. The system can time out and make registration difficult or incomplete.
- Disable all pop-up blockers and allow cookies.The site’s payment window appears as a ‘pop-up’ and requires ‘cookies’ to properly function. Failing to do so could result in an unsuccessful registration.
- A pop-up window for the payment portal will appear. Enter credit card details and billing information. Upon completion, an auto-reply confirmation will be sent to the email address provided during registration.
If you do not receive a confirmation email, your payment may not have successfully gone through. In this instance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on your registration status.
Unable to register online?
Please contact the Continuing Education Office for additional registration options at 215.965.4030 or via email at email@example.com.
Please complete the 2021 SADI Enrollment Form and mail with your payment to: Moore College of Art & Design, SADI, 1916 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
If you need assistance, contact the Continuing Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, 215.965.4030. Enrollment confirmation and welcome materials will be provided after the completed enrollment form and $206 enrollment fee are received. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
Tuition and Policies
- TUITION FOR SADI 2021: $5,810
Tuition is inclusive of all costs including room, meals, art supplies, college credits, extracurricular activities and field trips. Payments can be made online, by mail or over the phone. Full payment must be received by June 1.
In the case that SADI 2021 must shift to an online format, given the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis, tuition will be reduced to $3,090. Please stay tuned in spring 2021 for the latest updates on program format and additional information.
Notification of withdrawal must be communicated in writing to Continuing Education and will be in effect on the day the notice is received at Moore. It may be submitted to email@example.com. No refunds are given to students asked to leave SADI for violations of policies or regulations. Program costs excluding the enrollment fee are refunded according to the following schedule:
- Withdrawal prior to May 31 = 100% minus nonrefundable enrollment fee
- Withdrawal prior to July 1 = 70% minus nonrefundable enrollment fee
- Withdrawal after July 1 = No refund
Please allow 4–6 weeks for the processing of refunds.
- Students who successfully complete SADI will receive three (3) undergraduate-level college credits.
- Students may request transcripts for transfer of credit to other institutions.
Moore is a member of the Association of Independent Colleges of Art andDesign and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and the prestigious National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
Students are expected to demonstrate high standards of personal conduct and respect for personal belongings, college property and the rights of students and staff. A student handbook detailing program rules and responsibilities is mailed to enrolled students.
Prior to attending SADI, students and their parents or guardians are required to sign a Rules and Responsibilities Agreement.
For Moore’s Policy of Non-Discrimination and Compliance with the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, visit moore.edu/nondiscriminationpolicy.
What if SADI Goes Online?
Our first priority at Moore College of Art & Design is the health and safety of our entire community—that’s why in summer 2020, we shifted SADI to an online format, given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. And guess what? We still had a blast!
Online SADI classes utilized a mix of creative learning approaches and a range of formats, including small group discussions and demonstrations.
Our faculty created a flexible, fun and engaging virtual learning environment, with a structured weekly calendar of regularly scheduled classes and checkins via email and Slack messenger. Students enjoyed a wide range of activity throughout each day—and not all of it took place in front of a screen!
We customized our course schedule to include our most popular offerings, and the ones that work best for online learning and career prep:
- Foundation Studio I: Drawing
- Foundation Studio II: Visual Thinking & Color Theory
- Painting OR Game Design
Students also received FREE access to Adobe Creative Cloud and a complimentary at-home SADI Essentials Kit, valued at over $400, featuring high-quality art supplies: drawing pads, canvases, colored pencils, chalk pastels, acrylic paints, charcoal and more!
SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF SADI 2020
- Social events such as Animal Crossing and Minecraft nights
- Weekly talks with successful Moore alumni like Isabelle Staub and Amy Ignatow
- Professional development workshops on college prep, career prep, exhibition submissions, socialmedia presence, home studios and creative mindfulness
- Portfolio preparation and mock interviews with Moore’s Admissions staff
- Virtual Study Halls for mentoring with Moore BFA students and completing homework
- A culminating online exhibition on Moore’s website, featuring individual galleries of each student’s art and design work
In spring 2021, we will pay close attention to guidelines from the CDC and the City of Philadelphia to determine whether SADI 2021 will take place online.