THE FASHION DESIGN MAJOR OFFERS
You have an eye for working with color and shape. You have a knack for recognizing trends. You know that what we wear is more than items that cover our bodies – What we wear is a creative expression of who we are and how we want to be seen. Moore's acclaimed Fashion Design program blends the best art and method training with the practical demands of working in a wide-range of fields including fashion design, costume design and accessory design to name a few of many. You have the opportunity to be part of a program that maintains a close level of interaction with the celebrated fashion industry in Philadelphia and New York. Prestigious designers, alumni, and other major figures from the fashion industry critique student work and assist in placing students in internships. Moore's popular fashion shows and impressive record of top honors in numerous design competitions promote a reputation for achievement among students beginning a career in this competitive field.
- From sketching to sewing, pattern-making to fashion show production, the comprehensive curriculum has established Moore’s Fashion Design Department as one of the most distinguished and acclaimed fashion design programs in the nation.
- Teaching from experience and by example, faculty participates in critiques and portfolio reviews, while helping to connect students to valuable internship and employment opportunities.
- These experiences allow students to develop a personal perspective of both the creative and business sides of the industry.
- Moore's faculty of accomplished designers, practicing professionals, successful alumnae and guest critics and speakers mentor our students throughout their studies.
- Classes regularly visit designers’ studios and showrooms, and retailers and suppliers in both Philadelphia and New York to learn first-hand from experts about competition, fabric buying, display and production.