Summer Artist / Educator Residency
Take your studio practice to the next level while accruing up to 40 PA Act 48-eligible professional development hours and 3 graduate-level credits!
2023 PROGRAM DETAILS
- Deadline Extended! Register by June 15, 2023 to join us this summer!
- Sunday, June 25, 2023 – Saturday, July 1, 2023
- Week-long studio-based residency built specifically for art educators
- Certified K-12 art educators and non-certified teaching artists of all genders welcome
- Get 40+ hours of professional development or 3 graduate credits
- PA Act 48-eligible opportunity with professional education facilitators and critiques
- Creative workshops, invigorating speaker series & catered lunches included!
- Regular Tuition: $865
"The Summer Artist / Educator Residency is a great way to refresh skills and connect to other artist and educators. Attending SAER can reconnect you to the heart and reasoning behind your art practice."- SAER 2022 Participant
- Submit your tuition payment.
- Permissions & Studio Contract Form.
- Need help? Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- To learn more about our 2023 session, please join the official mailing listhere!
REFRESH. REFOCUS. RECONNECT.
The Summer Artist / Educator Residency (SAER) is a studio-based artist residency built for nationwide art educators and teaching artists. This week-long studio residency is located at Moore College of Art & Design in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Our focus is to uplift creative educators with professional development hours and dedicated studio space to experiment, research, and reflect. This dynamic environment gives educators dedicated time to make art, create connections with peers, and discover new skills for the classroom.
"SAER replenished my creative soul. Being around other creative minds made me feel like myself." - SAER 2022 Participant
Take your studio and teaching practice to the next level while accruing up to 40 PA Act 48-eligible professional continuing education hours and 3 graduate-level college credits! Experience all the best parts of being an art student again in Moore's immersive collegiate environment featuring critiques with instructors, live demos, workshops, an invigorating speaker series, and the opportunity to exhibit work at an exclusive open studio night event for friends and family to attend. Participants also receive a FREE year-long pass to attend art education conferences at Moore for an additional 10 professional development hours.
Pennsylvania certified teachers receive Act 48 hours and out-of-state teachers receive documentation of professional continuing education hours. The tuition includes 24-hour studio access, professional instruction, professional development hours, graduate-level course credits, and catered lunches.
"The facilitators made us go deep and really feel the reasons for being here. My facilitator was professional, intelligent, talented, and also a great resource. (She) overall was a joy…her energy and warmth made it feel safe to explore new things!" - SAER 2022 Participant
KEY PROGRAM FEATURES:
- 40 PA Act 48 hours PLUS one year pass to Art Education conferences at Moore (10 additional Act 48 hours!)
- 3 Graduate-level college credits
- 24-hour access to dedicated studio space with natural lighting in Moore’s fine arts studios
- Invigorating speaker series and studio critiques with facilitators
- Learn more about our graduate programs and student scholarships
- Materials & Techniques demonstrations
- Get to know Philadelphia with field trips to our favorite arts and culture destinations
- Catered lunches & so much more!
- Discounted lodging and commuter options are available
- Requirement of COVID-19 vaccination
- Masks required
- Distanced classroom and studio setups
- Ample sanitizing spaces across campus
Moore reserves the right to withdraw courses, alter its curriculum, change instructors or modify tuition. Portions of this publication are subject to change without notice. Courses not meeting minimum enrollment are canceled. All attempts are made to notify registered students before the start of the course and all course fees are refunded within 2-4 weeks.
Moore is a Pennsylvania Act 48 Approved Provider and all credit courses offered by the College satisfy Act 48 regulations. To request a course be reported to the PA Dept. of Education, check the Act 48 box on the registration form.
Written notification of withdrawal must be submitted to the Continuing Education Department by email to email@example.com. No refunds are to be given to participants asked to leave SAER for violations of policies or regulations. Program costs are refunded according to the following schedule:
Withdrawal prior to May 20: 100% minus nonrefundable $55 enrollment fee
Withdrawal prior to June 3: 70% minus nonrefundable $55 enrollment fee
Withdrawal after June 3: no refund
Please allow 4-6 weeks for the processing of refunds