Moore's acclaimed fashion design department blends the best art and design training with the practical demands of working in a wide-range of fashion related fields. The fashion design department maintains a close level of interaction with the fashion industry in Philadelphia and New York. Prestigious designers, alumni, and other major figures from the fashion industry critique student work and assist in placing students in internships. Moore's popular fashion shows and impressive record of top honors in numerous design competitions promote a reputation for achievement among students beginning a career in this competitive field. Read more about the major....
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- 86% of 2012 Fashion Design graduates are employed, 83%with organizations in their field of study, including: Abercrombie & Fitch, Chaps: Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret and Tommy Hilfiger, Inc. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- A new addition to the Moore website is our Podcast Series, the purpose of which is to share scholarly and highly informative lectures by Moore faculty, alumni and staff with the public. We’re launching the series with these two lectures on leadership by President Fitzgibbon.
- Dom Streater '10 Season 12 winner of "Project Runway" Debuts First-Ever Collection At New York Fashion Week Dom will be a speaker at the 2014 TedXPhilly event in March and a guest critic for Moore's 2014 Fashion Show in May.
- Congratulations to Victoria Wright '12 who has been chosen to begin her twelve-month residency as the 2014 Designers-in-Residence at the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator at Macy's Center City.
- Deborah Artaza ‘ 12 was contacted by Award winning documentary director Davis Guggenheim's Production team to be featured in his latest documentary. The story is about the large number of the American population who lives their lives outside of traditional banking. She started a growing a business on a prepaid credit card. The film crew shadowing her everyday as a independent small business owner (DEBIL, all leather, handmade handbags made in the US) for a few days. The film sponsor AMEX, will be showing a short trailer in which she is featured at South by South West Film Festival.
- Fashion faculty member Lele Tran was featured in Mirror, Mirror: The sleek scarf goes on and on. Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/living/style/20140416_Mirror__Mirror__The_sleek_scarf.html#1OFYwHIGs2aGU7kK.99
My internship was at Deb Shops at their main corporate office. I was able to go out to vendors in New York. I took samples from expensive vendors and took those ideas to make more affordable versions for kids. They are...
Recipient of Penny Fox Internship Fellowship I have received the opportunity of a lifetime to intern for the designer label AIISHA, by Aiisha Ramadan, in the United Arab Emirates. I have always been drawn to the regal...
Since graduation I started my own business called Morgia Bridal and it is a collection of made to order gowns. I specialize in custom gowns and also have a new line I just launched that are available through my website...