Moore's acclaimed fashion design department blends the best art and design training with the practical demands of working in a wide-range of fashion related fields. The fashion design departmen maintains a close level of interaction with the fashion industry in Philadelphia and New York. Prestigious designers, alumni, and other major figures from the fashion industry critique student work and assist in placing students in internships. Moore's popular fashion shows and impressive record of top honors in numerous design competitions promote a reputation for achievement among students beginning a career in this competitive field. Read more about the major....
Moore's 2013 Jump/Start Fashion Show, "Re-Tulled," was held on October 1, 2013 at the College. As a tribute to the Pennsylvania Ballet's 50th Anniversary, Moore fashion design students used tulle in a contemporary design with a reference to its use in ballet. Learn more about Jump/Start by watching the video below from WHYY.
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- 86% of 2012 Fashion Design graduates are employed, 83%with organizations in their field of study, including: Abercrombie & Fitch, Chaps: Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret and Tommy Hilfiger, Inc. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Congratulations to Dom Streater '10 who is the Season 12 winner of Project Runway on the Lifetime channel. Read about her experiences on our Blog. Dom was also a judge for the Jumpstart Fashion Show at Moore and led a lunch time discussion at the 2013 Leadership Conference for Women in the Arts also at Moore. Dom has been nominated for Designer of the Year by PhillyRAW Artists.
- Sophi Huang ’12 was asked to participate in New York Lingerie Fashion Week in 2014. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-me-get-to-new-york-lingerie-fashion-week-2014--2/x/5450665
- Haneefah M. (Mitchell) Class of 2001, debuted her Spring/Summer Women's Collection at New York's Fashion Week. She was listed as a one of the Top 10 designers to watch on HauteTalk and was featured in an article in New Jersey's Star Ledger.
- Deborah Artaza '12 has been freelancing as a stylist/costume designer for film and advertising over the past year. She has also started a leather handbag business which is 100% handmade in the United States. Website: www.debil.bigcartel.com
- Philadelphia Fashion Incubator Designer-in-Residence Devin Pauley '11 participated in a Meet and Greet at City Hall.
My internship was at Deb Shops at their main corporate office. I was able to go out to vendors in New York. I took samples from expensive vendors and took those ideas to make more affordable versions for kids. They are...
Recipient of Penny Fox Internship Fellowship I have received the opportunity of a lifetime to intern for the designer label AIISHA, by Aiisha Ramadan, in the United Arab Emirates. I have always been drawn to the regal...
Since graduation I started my own business called Morgia Bridal and it is a collection of made to order gowns. I specialize in custom gowns and also have a new line I just launched that are available through my website...