Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
You have an eye for working with color and shape. You have a knack for recognizing trends. You know that what we wear is more than items that cover our bodies – What we wear is a creative expression of who we are and how we want to be seen. Moore's acclaimed Fashion Design program blends the best art and method training with the practical demands of working in a wide-range of fields including fashion design, costume design, and accessory design to name a few of many. You have the opportunity to be part of a program that maintains a close level of interaction with the celebrated fashion industry in Philadelphia and New York. Prestigious designers, alumni, and other major figures from the fashion industry critique student work and assist in placing students in internships. Moore's popular fashion shows and impressive record of top honors in numerous design competitions promote a reputation for achievement among students beginning a career in this competitive field. Read more about the major....
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- 94% of 2015 Fashion Design Graduates are employed, 100% in their field of study! For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Alumna Dom Streater '10 does it again! On May 5 she won Lifetime's "Project Runway All Stars," Season 5 after having won "Project Runway," Season 12 two years ago. Congrats Dom!
- Watch a video of Fashion Design sophomores's field trip to Century 21 Department Store's E-commerce facility in Secaucus, NJ
- Heather Ujiie, assistant professor of Fashion Design, was featured on WHYY's Articulate with Jim Cotter in January, 2016.
- Alumna and Philadelphia Fashion Incubator Ivy Aristy '10 was recently profiled in Al Dia News
- Alumna Tara Higgins '15 is the winner of the prestigious Educators for Socially Reponsible Apaprel Practices Award for Sustainable Design, Undergraduate Student Level, at the 2015 ITAA Annual Conference. More details here
Moore College of Art & Design alumna Dom Streater ’10 joined the ranks of the ascending fashion elite when she was named the winner of Project Runway Season 12. Streater, from West Philadelphia, bested three other...
Carrie Morrissey ‘04 Fashion Design, hasn’t slept in days. That’s because she is gearing up for Market Week, the week after New York Fashion Week in February where she will be presenting her jewelry collection...
The sign in front of the storefront reads "Dry Cleaning with Style." And style is what you find when you step inside the Bonded BoutiqueCleaner in University City. The shop at 37th & Spruce Streets is both a...