Are you self-motivated, passionate about keeping up with technology and invested in being part of interactive and social media communities? A tinkerer who enjoys figuring things out? A highly creative visual artist who embraces working collaboratively with other artists, designers, and programmers? Then this major is perfect for you.
The Animation & Game Arts BFA program is designed for you if you are eager to pursue a career as a visual artist in the fields of animation, game art, and mobile media design.
The major is for students who are curious self-learners and problem-solvers, have the desire to be part of a creative team or community, and thrive on the challenge of working within frameworks and prescribed limitations. It teaches a variety of industry-relevant knowledge including hand and digital drawing, animation and storyboarding, development of 2D character design and 3D environments, history, theory, gaming strategies, proficiency in the use of art-making software and critical analysis of interactive culture.
News & Highlights
- "MooreWomenArtists: Women in Animation Film Festival” begins Thursday, March 23 and continues through Sunday, March 26, 2017. See details here!
- Robert Shields, an adjunct faculty of Animation & Game Arts, had work in the following publications: Interface Zero 2.0 Full Metal Cyberpunk (Gun Metal Games); Novus Feature Card Game (Zenion Games); Fantasy Art Warriors and Heroes (Flame Tree Publishing); Gothic Art (Flame Tree Publishing); Exotique 10 (Ballistic Publishing) and Expose 7 (Ballistic Publishing).
- Stephen Wood, instructor of Animation & Game Arts, illustrated images for a successful kickstarter campaign for Pinnacle Entertainment Group’s role-playing game, “Rippers Resurrected,” and for Legendary Games’ role-playing game, “Legendary Planet.”
- The rise of women making video games on CBS News.
- 5 takeaways from the 'Game Changers: Women Making Games' event on PhillyVoice.com.
Above classroom photos: 2015 Thom Carroll Photography