UPDATE FROM THE PRESIDENT: MAY 5, 2021
Dear Moore students,
After thorough consultation with the members of our Pandemic Response Team, as well as leadership from our Board, Faculty Forum, the Moore Federation of Teachers and Staff Council, Moore College of Art & Design will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all new and returning undergraduate and graduate students at the start of the fall 2021 semester.
Recent research has shown that the currently available COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, and a useful way to protect ourselves from new variants. With current plans underway for a full return to on-campus classes in the fall, student vaccinations will help our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe learning and working environment for everyone at the College. The College’s decision is in line with recent news from other nearby higher education institutions whose students, along with Moore’s, make up a significant portion of Philadelphia’s population throughout the year.
We strongly encourage students to get vaccinated as soon as possible, whether here in Pennsylvania, where all adults 16 and over are currently eligible, through the municipality where you live, or through your health care provider. Please note that the College does not have its own supply or allotment or vaccines. Students who are unable to receive the vaccine before the beginning of the fall semester will need to obtain it upon their return to campus and will have to quarantine between doses. Exceptions to the requirement will only be provided for medical or religious reasons.
It is easy to sign up for a vaccine in Philadelphia and surrounding counties and states. Please see the information below.
- Philadelphia Residents: To register for a COVID-19 vaccine, Philadelphia residents are encouraged to complete the City of Philadelphia's Vaccine Interest Form, if you have not already done so, at www.phila.gov/vaccineinterest. To check current vaccine eligibility, please visit the Philadelphia Department of Public Health website.
- Other Pennsylvania Residents: https://www.pa.gov/guides/get-vaccinated/
- New Jersey Residents: https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/
- Delaware Residents: https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/vaccine/where-can-i-get-my-vaccine/
- New York Residents: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
If your state is not listed above, please visit your state or county health department website for information.
For more information about the available COVID-19 vaccines, visit the CDC website.
With gratitude for all that you continue to do to keep yourselves and others safe,