APPLY TO MOORE
WHERE AND WHEN DO I APPLY?
Our non-binding early action deadline is December 11. We award an Early Action Scholarship to accepted students who submit their full application before that date.
There is no formal application deadline but we do recommend submitting your application by our priority enrollment date, May 1, in order to secure a spot in our incoming class. Applications are reviewed and accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis as space remains available in each program.
WHO CAN APPLY TO MOORE?
Here's the scoop: Founded in 1848 under the mission to expand women’s access to higher education, Moore College of Art & Design offers a women’s college experience. Undergraduate admission is open to otherwise qualified applicants: (i) assigned female at birth; or (ii) who self-identify as women, trans women, nonbinary or gender nonconforming individuals, at the time of application.
—Adopted by Moore’s Board of Trustees & Managers, May 2020
WHAT DO I NEED IN ADDITION TO MY APPLICATION?
- TRANSCRIPTS: Your school counselor will need to send us your official high school transcripts. (For transfer students, we’ll need your college transcripts.) Transcripts can be emailed or mailed, though we prefer electronic delivery. (Scroll down to the Delivery section for details on how to mail.) Please note that emailed transcripts must be sent directly from your school counselor's account.
- PORTFOLIO: Your portfolio should contain 8–12 pieces of the best work you’ve created in the past year or two. Include a variety of media (painting, drawing, 3D, digital, photography, etc.), and be sure to use high-resolution images in .JPG, .PNG or .PDF format. Scroll down for more information about how to put together a portfolio. Please note that students planning to study Film & Digital Cinema or Interior Design may waive the portfolio requirement in exchange for a supplemental written essay.
HOW DO I CREATE A PORTFOLIO?
Your portfolio should contain 8-12 pieces of the best work you’ve created in the past year or two. Include a variety of media (painting, drawing, 3D, digital, photography, etc.), and be sure to use high-resolution images in .JPG, .PNG or .PDF format.
Portfolio Reviews can be arranged in a number of ways:
- If you’d like to share your work in person, you can make an on-campus or virtual appointment with our Admissions office. Call 215.965.4015 to schedule a date.
- Portfolios can be reviewed at National Portfolio Day. Visit nationalportfolioday.org for more information.
- If submitting your portfolio online, you can upload your work to moore.slideroom.com. Contact your Moore Admissions Counselor for instructions.
- NEW: You can now submit a supplemental essay instead of a portfolio when you apply for one of the following as a first-year student: Interior Design or Film & Digital Cinema.
Right: Madelyn Minichinio '26.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER ITEMS I CAN SUBMIT?
Yes! But these are all optional:
SAT / ACT SCORES
Submission of standardized test scores is optional. A Moore Admissions Counselor can help you decide if this would be best for you.
Though not required, a personal essay can help our Admissions Counselors get to know you, understand your desire to attend Moore and determine if you are the right fit for our program. Essays may be submitted via mail or email. See the Delivery section on this page for details.
Submitting one or two letters of recommendation by non-family members who admire you and your artwork may also help us in considering your application. Recommendations may be submitted via mail, email or fax. See the Delivery section on this page for details.
I'M THINKING OF TRANSFERRING TO MOORE. WILL YOU TAKE MY CREDITS?
Yes, but all transfer credit requests are subject to evaluation by the College. Our Admissions team will do everything possible and work closely with you to ensure that as many eligible credits as possible can transfer over.
All students who have attended another college or university should apply as transfer students. We have a lot of useful information for Transfer students on the Moore website!
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR A SCHOLARSHIP OR FINANCIAL AID?
Scholarships are merit-based and calculated according to an individual student's academic and artistic ability and achievements upon entering the College. Some scholarships are automatically renewed each year if a student maintains a required GPA. Some scholarships require additional materials, like our most competitive and presitigous scholarship, the Visionary Honors Program (see below).
Financial aid is available to all students pursuing a degree program. We're proud to say that 100% of Moore students receive some form of financial assistance, through scholarships, grants or additional awards.
VISIONARY HONORS PROGRAM
Exceptional first-year and transfer students, with a minimum weighted GPA of 3.7 and a strong portfolio, will be nominated for the Visionary Honors Program. SAT and ACT scores are optional.
All those who meet the criteria will be asked to submit an essay for consideration of acceptance into the program and a scholarship of up to $25,000 each year—that's $100,000 in scholarship funds over four years. Phew!
Photo: Kielinski Photographers, LLC.
OK, GREAT! ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
- Be careful not to opt out of our emails, as you will miss important updates about your status as a Moore student.
- Don’t hesitate to call your Moore Admissions Counselor with any questions you have during this process. You can reach our Admissions office at 215.965.4015.
Physical items may be sent via FedEx, UPS or U.S. Postal Service. Be sure to clearly label your materials with your name and contact information, and address them to:
Moore College of Art & Design
Attn: Admissions Office
1916 Race Street
All materials being sent via email should be addressed to email@example.com.
If you have already made contact with the College, you may also email your materials directly to your Moore Admissions Counselor.
For materials being sent via fax, please include a cover sheet with your full name and contact information and send them to 215.568.3547.
READY? LET'S GO!
If you're ready to take the next step, head to one of the links below and make your move!
If you still have questions, we're here to help! Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.965.4015.
The best way to better get to know Moore is to visit our campus, and we're here to make that easy for you. Come to an upcoming Open House, schedule a campus tour, or attend one of our many in-person or virtual information sessions and workshops. Tell us what you want to see and we'll make it happen!
Photo: Claudia Rubio '24.