Complete an application online
This application can be used for the Undergraduate BFA and Post- Baccalaureate programs. For an application checklist, see Admissions Requirements. To receive a catalog and application by mail, click here
POST-BACCALAUREATE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR TEACHING CERTIFICATION IN ART EDUCATION MUST:
- submit an application with an official college transcript(s), portfolio, essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Hold a BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have 6 undergraduate credits in mathematics, and 6 undergraduate credits in English (3 credits in English composition, 3 credits in English literature).
- Have passed Pennsylvania required clearances.
- Have an undergraduate degree with 43.5 studio credit hours.
- Have earned a GPA of at least 3.0 on their previous college degree.
- 1.5 credits in digital imaging
- 15 credits in Art History with 3 credits in Non-Western Art
After acceptance, Post Baccalaureates meet with the head of the art education department to discuss their intent.
APPLICATION FOR THE TEACHING INTERN CERTIFICATION MAY BE MADE AFTER THE APPLICANT HAS:
- Been accepted into the Post Baccalaureate program
- Located a fulltime teaching position in which the principal or appointed teacher agrees to mentors the Intern and complete PDE 430 evaluation forms
- Passed the Praxis exams. Subjects: Content Knowledge and Art: Content Knowledge
- Completed the first semester with at least a 3.0 GPA.
Julia Owens – Transfer Admissions Counselor
Julia Owens was born in California and grew up in Florida. She received her BFA from the University of Central Florida in 2009, specializing in drawing and printmaking. Recently she has expanded her practice to incorporate improv comedy, performance art, and curation. As a community artist she works with mental health, education, and social justice initiatives such as Mural Arts, Tree House Books, and Smith Memorial Playground. Her favorite art quote is from the book The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron, “All too often, it is audacity and not talent that moves an artist to center stage.”
Please contact Julia if you are interested in Moore’s Post-Baccalaureate program.
Julia’s contact info:
Text or Call: 215.960.9646