Complete an Application Online
This application can be used for the Undergraduate BFA and Post-Baccalaureate programs.
Post-Baccalaureate Students Interested in applying for teaching certification in Art Education must:
- Submit an application with an official college transcript(s), portfolio, essay and two letters of recommendation.
- Hold a BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have passed Pennsylvania required clearances.
- Have an undergraduate degree with 28.5 studio credit hours.
- Have earned a GPA of at least 3.0 on their previous college degree.
- 15 credits in Art History with 3 credits in Non-Western Art
After acceptance, Post Baccalaureates meet with the head of the art education department to discuss their intent.
Application for the Teaching Intern Certification may be made after the applicant has:
- Been accepted into the Post Baccalaureate program
- Located a fulltime teaching position in which the principal or appointed teacher agrees to mentors the Intern and complete PDE 430 evaluation forms
- Passed the Praxis exams. Subjects: Content Knowledge and Art: Content Knowledge
- Completed the first semester with at least a 3.0 GPA.