Non-Matriculating Students BFA (women only), PB (coed)
Non-matriculating students at Moore may have the opportunity to fulfill their individual artistic and educational needs and goals. Individuals who wish to enter the College as a non-matriculating student in the PB program and the BFA program must meet the certificate and undergraduate admissions criteria and submit the following:
- A non-matriculation application available through the Admissions Office or the Moore website
- $60.00 application fee
- Proof of a GED certificate or high school diploma
- Proof of prior course work or transcripts that documents the individual met all prerequisites for each registered course
- An acceptable portfolio
Individuals who applied for the BFA degree or Post-Baccalaureate programs, and were unable to successfully meet the admissions requirements, are not eligible to enroll as a non-matriculating student.
Non-matriculating students may enroll up to a cumulative total of 9.0 credit hours if space is available. Please note that the College cannot guarantee placement into a class. All non-matriculating students must adhere to the following requirements:
- Non-matriculating students may be required to obtain written approval from the department chair prior to registration for each course. Approval may include, but is not limited to a review of a portfolio and/or a writing sample.
- Non-matriculating students may register for fall, spring, or summer semester courses on a space available basis beginning August 1 for fall semesters, January 1 for spring semesters and April 1 for summer semesters, but no later than the end of the drop/add period.
- If a non-matriculating student is removed from a course because the space is required for a degree student, the tuition and fees will be refunded in full.
- Non-matriculating students are required to make a $300 tuition deposit, to be applied to their course(s), in order to register for classes. This deposit is non-refundable, except for in cases where a non-matriculating students’ place is forfeited to a degree seeking student.
- Non-matriculating students must attain and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA (grade point average). If a non-matriculating student receives below a 2.0 GPA, the student will not be eligible to register for future courses.
- Non-matriculating undergraduate students are not eligible for graduate program courses.
- Non-matriculating students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Non-matriculating students are not eligible to live in the residence halls.
- International students who plan to attend the College using a student visa (F-1) may not enroll as a non-matriculating student
- If a non-matriculating student applies to the degree program or PB program, the courses taken as a non-matriculating student may be applied towards the degree/certificate requirements, if eligible.
- Non-Matriculating students in the PB program may only transfer up to 3 credits into the graduate program.