4+1 program for Moore BFA students!
Moore’s 4 Year BFA (any major) + Moore’s 1 year (2 full-time semesters) MA in Socially-Engaged Art (“4+1”) has become an official pathway at Moore! This program is open to all students currently enrolled in a BFA program at Moore.
Moore seniors must apply and be accepted into the 4+1 program.
Each accepted 4+1 student will be granted a $10,000 graduate fellowship!
Students who declare their intent to apply to the 4+1 program, will gain special access to graduate events as an undergraduate student.
This is the right program for you if:
- You are interested in the role of art in society, community or public art, and want to become stronger in any/all of the following areas: curation, organizing, administration, research and writing, facilitation, and/or have an interest in nonprofit arts or art education.
- You have a strong interest in a topic related to art in society (check out some past thesis topics below as examples).
- You are interested in a Master’s degree!
Requirements to for 4+1 applicants:
- Fill out THIS 4+1 application form
- Names of two Moore faculty to serve as references
- Personal Statement
- Interview with the Graduate Director
- Applicants may be asked to submit a portfolio or online gallery link
- Applicants may be asked to submit a writing sample
- Seniors must graduate with a BFA from Moore with a 3.0 or better
All 4+1 applications received after January 20th will be considered on a rolling basis. Accepted 4+1 applicants will be considered for any remaining fellowships, however, late 4+1 applicants will not be guaranteed graduate fellowship.
Applications received before January 20 will be reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee in February. Official notification* will be sent in March.
*Accepted Moore Seniors who have submitted a FAFSA before February 1 will also receive financial aid information with their official acceptance letter, which will also include the Moore 4+1 $10,000 Graduate Fellowship.
Applications received after January 20th for the following fall start term will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Need more info? Visit the website or contact Alyson Giantisco in Grad Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also stop by her office: Sarah Peter 315.
THESIS TOPICS have ranged from the positive impact of arts participation to placemaking and aesthetics. Examples of past MA Students' research include:
Art History/Visual Studies/Curatorial Studies
Documentation and exhibition in socially-engaged art
The role of aesthetics in socially-engaged art
The Expanded Field of Art Education
Afterschool socially engaged art that listens to teens
Impact of interpersonal relationships on arts participation
Strategic partnerships in Creative Placemaking
Blending art and social work in foster-care to encourage independence