DUAL PROGRAM: EMPHASIS IN SPECIAL POPULATIONS WITH CERTIFICATION
Candidates who possess an undergraduate degree in fine arts can become certified through one of two programs: the MA with certification (Concurrent Program) and the Post-Baccalaureate Certification with MA (Dual Program).
The Concurrent Program combines certification and master’s classes into an integrated program. Students in this program immediately begin graduate courses in their first summer term, beginning more quickly to identify and develop a thesis project.
The Dual Program is comprised of both traditional post-baccalaureate courses leading to the certification and MA courses. Students begin with Post-Baccalaureate courses and transition to the standard MA, setting the path to their thesis.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSIONS
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- 43.5 studio art credit hours
- 15 credit hours of art history, including 3 credits outside the western tradition
- 1.5 credit hours of digital imaging or working experience equivalent
- 6 credit hours of English
- On-site interview
- Statement of Intent: A one-page paper stating your reason to earn this degree
- 2 letters of recommendation
* A digital portfolio of recent artwork demonstrating evidence of studio practice (15 to 20 slides) in a PowerPoint presentation, including some observational drawings, e.g., still life and/or figure drawings.