In the art classroom, there should be no limits to learning.
Moore’s Master of Arts in Art Education with an Emphasis in Inclusive Practices is a rigorous program that prepares and empowers art educators to develop skills for adapting and implementing strategies that enrich the lives of all learners.
We develop and test innovative techniques through action-based research in a field setting, while critically assessing art education policies and documenting the study of contemporary art education issues for diverse learners. Our candidates graduate prepared to enter the classroom and to advance the field of art education through their everyday practice.
NEW for 2022–2023
We're excited to announce the launch of a new online iteration of our highly successful and prestigious Art Education graduate studies program! This new track, for which all classes are online and asynchronous, offers a new opportunity for working professionals and art educators from Philadelphia and beyond who already have their certification to take part in the program and advance their careers. Scroll down and contact us to learn more!
FAST FACT: 100% of Moore MA in Art Education 2020 graduates are employed in their field of study or enrolled in a doctoral program!
FOR EDUCATORS WHO ALREADY HAVE CERTIFICATION:
- Our MA is a 15-month, 30-credit program
- The MA in Art Education with an Emphasis in Inclusive Practices at Moore now offers two tracks:
- Hybrid Track: 15 month degree program that is designed for asynchronous learning with scheduled synchronous experiences in fall and spring, and on-campus coursework in the summer
- Online Track (NEW!): A fully online 15 month degree program that is designed for asynchronous learning with scheduled synchronous experiences
- Only program of its kind in the United States
FOR EDUCATORS SEEKING CERTIFICATION:
- MA + Certification is a 27-month program
- Hybrid delivery method
- Combines and integrates certification and master’s classes: composed of both traditional post-baccalaureate courses leading to certification and MA courses
- Start graduate courses in your first summer term and begin to identify and develop a thesis project
Alumni SpotlightHear from MA in Art Education graduates, in their own words.
Why Choose Art Education at Moore?
Recent guests of the Art Education program include:
Marcus Branch, Justin Brown, Liz Byron, Dr. Marta Cabral, Samantha Davis, Maria Dumlao, Mark George, Leslie Grace, LeDerick Horne, Hanna Lee MA '16, Katherine Lee MA '18, Alexandra Montgomery, Jennifer Nadler, Carol Saylor, Isaac Scott, Sarah Shaw, Michael P. Stafford, Counsel, Stephanie Stern, Lindsay Wister, Dr. Courtnie Wolf, Margo Wunder