Connecting the present and the future.
The Locks Career Center serves as a lifelong resource for Moore students and alumni by providing practical support in choosing and developing rewarding careers in design and the visual arts.
- Counseling to develop accurate self-assessments and providing up-to-date information about employment, graduate schools and business ownership.
- Cultivation and coordination of experiential opportunities including internships and summer, part-time, volunteer and community service jobs.
- Workshops on job search and presentation skills, including résumé development, interviewing, networking, contract negotiations, business etiquette and communication and other professional skills.
- COOL (Career Opportunities On-Line ) provides round-the-clock access to job, grant, residency and exhibition information, and a venue to network with alumni and employers through resume and portfolio uploads.
- Cultivating relationships with employers through on-site recruitment, class preparation and participation at the opening reception for Moore’s annual Senior Show, which showcases the work of the graduating class.
- Resource library with comprehensive information about visual arts and design fields, including business development and employer information.