- 1984–Present, Principal and Creative Director, Murphy Design
- 2012, Honored as the Philadelphia AIGA Fellow
- 1981–1984, Sanchez, an editorial design partnership. In-house freelance graphic designer/assistant.
- 1981–1984, University of Pennsylvania, Publications/Creative Communications. Graphic designer.
- 2015 Drexel University, Adjunct Teaching, Typography and Brand Identity—required coursework in the Graphic Design curriculum.
- 2015, Moore College of Art, Senior Thesis Advising, Digital Image Making, CC, Introduction to Illustrator/Photoshop, created syllabus for core curriculum.
- 2004–13, Moore College of Art. Brand Identity class and Senior Thesis Advising for Graphic Design majors. Designed coursework, coordinated guest speakers and critics.
- 2005, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA. Prepared and taught a 10-week, writing-intensive, lecture class, History of 20th Century Graphic Design.
- 2004-5, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA. Wrote course content for two on-line courses, Brand Identity Part 1 and Part 2—required coursework in the Graphic Design curriculum.
- 1989–2014, Drexel University, courses in Visual Communications in the Graphic Design program including: Basic Design, Brand Identity, Typography 1-2 and 3, On Screen Typography, Book Design and Senior Thesis Advising.
- 2005-06, University of Pennsylvania, Master of Liberal Arts, an interdisciplinary degree. Graduate coursework in Art History, Communications, Folklore, Comparative Literature.
- 1981, University of the Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, with honors. (Formerly Philadelphia College of Art)
- • 2015, Adjunct Faculty Senator American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- • 1998–2001, President, AIGA Philadelphia Chapter, 1999–2001, Executive Vice President, 1998–1999
- • 1998-1999, Project Director/Liaison for collaborative project, Poetry in MotionTM, a collaboration between AIGA Philadelphia, the Poetry Society of America and SEPTA.
University of the Arts, Alumni Events
- • 2015, Scrivener for a committee planning the 50th Anniversary of the Graphic Design Program at the University of the Arts.
- • 1999 and 2006, Chaired committee for and alumni reunion of the Graphic Design Department at the University of the Arts. Montgomery County Community College
- • 2003–2006, Advisory Board Committee for Montgomery County Community College, Graphic Design Department.
- 2014, Contributed One Panel Design for AIGA’s Celebration: 100 Years of Design. Images were made into banners, table centerpieces for a Gala Celebration and a limited-edition Luxe Postcard boxed set.
- 2012/2013, Moore College of Art, Faculty Merit Award for exceptional performance in Teaching Effectiveness.
- 2009, Rockport Publishers, Self Promotion Design, Self Promotional Postcard series selected for inclusion in this book.
- 2008, HOW Magazine, Self Promotion Design Annual: Self- Promotional Brochure selected for inclusion in this book.
- 2007, American Corporate Identity/22, Award of Excellence for “Students Run Philly Style”—A program of the National Nursing Centers Consortium.
- 2006, Graphic Design: USA, Award of Excellence for UPenn Veterinary Medicine Conference Brochure.
- 2006, Graphic Design: USA, Award of Excellence for UPenn Veterinary School—Many Species. One Medicine. Direct Mailer.
- 2006, Graphic Design: USA, Award of Excellence for Murphy Design’s “Chew on This,” Self-promotional post card series.
- 2007–2015, Team USA, World Dragon Boat Racing Championships
- 2012-14, Head Coach, The River Sisters, a Women’s Cancer Survivor Dragon Boat Team, Cooper River, New Jersey
- 2011-13, 3x Marathon Finisher