- MFA, BFA, Tyler School of Art , Temple University
- Certificate in Painting, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Moe Brooker: Getting Back to Then, Tregoning & Company, Cleveland, OH, 2014
- Present Futures, Here and Now, Recent Paintings by Moe Brooker, June Kelly Gallery, New York, NY, 2013.
- African American Art Since 1950, Group Exhibition, David C. Driskell Center at the University of Maryland, 2012.
- Solo Exhibition, Stella Jones Gallery, New Orleans, LA, 2012
- Centennial Juried Exhibition, Delaware Art Museum, 2012-13
- Moe Brooker:The Evidence of Things Not Seen, Alumni Sales Gallery, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, PA, 2012.
- Flirting with Abstraction, Woodmere Art Museum, Philadelphia, PA, 2011 - 2012.
- Featured at the Leonard Pearlstein Gallery as part of the Senior Artists Initiative's Fifth Biennial Exhibition, 2011.
- Intention and Improvisation, La Salle University Art Museum, Philadelphia, PA, 2011.
Faculty Triennial Exhibition – Practice and Process, The Galleries at Moore: Goldie Paley Gallery, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
- 2010 "Shorthand for Real", Solo Exhibition, Sande Webster Gallery, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2010, "All That Jazz:, Group Exhibition, Sande Webster Gallery, Philadelphia, PA.
- Honored by the Philadelphia Skecth Club at their 154 Anniversary Gala.
- Interview with ideastream.org
- Commissioned to create a drawing in the laminated glass windows of the elevator in a parking tower in Long Island, NY
- Featured on a Podcast about his solo exhibition in Cleveland, OH, 2014
- Painting Critique and Demo with Moe Brooker, Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington, DE, 2012.
- Spoke on CBS 3's Philly Talk program about the Henry O. Tanner exhibit at PAFA
- Exhibition Moe Brooker:The Evidence of Things Not Seen featured on WHYY's Art Beat
- Presented a paper To The Glory of God (TTGG): Moe Brooker’s Painted Faith in conjunction with the Tanner exhibition at PAFA, 2012.
- Lecture, "The Process of Making Visible," Tyler School of Art, 2011.
- Essay published in the 2010 winter edition of Brilliant Corners: A Journal of Jazz & Literature. Published by Lycoming College
- Cover art, For Trane & Parker, in honor of saxophonists John Coltrane and Charlie Parker. in the 2010 winter edition of Brilliant Corners: A Journal of Jazz & Literature. Published by Lycoming College.
Awards and Fellowships
- 2011, Honored by The African American Museum in Philadelphia at 35th Anniversary Celebration
- 2010 Artist of the Year Award, the Governor’s Awards for the Arts, Governor Edward G. Rendell of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 2010 Artists Equity Award
- 2009, Medal of Achievement, The Philadelphia Art Alliance