- MFA, Queens College, City University of New York (CUNY), Queens, NY - concentration in Social Practice (coursework completed, degree expected May 2015)
- Graduate classes also taken at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP), Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), Brooklyn College’s Art Department (CUNY), and The Graduate Center’s Art History Department (CUNY).
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, School of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia, PA - English Literature, May 2001, Magna cum Laude
- Adjunct Professor, New York University, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, NYC, 9/2014 - Present; Part-time faculty in the Department of Art and Art Professions teaching a course titled ‘Contemporary Art and Community Partnerships’, one of 3 core courses for the new MA in Art, Education, and Community Practice.
- Core Member, Evaluation Learning Lab (Nathan Cummings Foundation, Animating Democracy & Arts, Culture, and Social Justice Network), NYC, 12/2014 - 6/2015 -
- Developing comprehensive frameworks, methodologies, and indicators for assessing excellence in the practice and support of arts and social change work, as part of a small cohort of artists, activists, funders, scholars, research, evaluation, and policy experts that is regularly convening over the next six months.
Awards and Fellowships
- Fellow, Design Trust for Public Space, NYC, 9/2014 - 6/2015 - Community Organizing Fellow for “World’s Park: Reconnecting a Regional Park to Its Neighbors”