- Master of City Planning (MCP), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA)
- BA in Architecture, Washington University in St Louis (St Louis, MO)
- coursework at the Graduate School of Architecture and Planning, Columbia University (New York, NY)
SELECTED RESEARCH / PUBLICATIONS
- (Contributor) New Orleans Under Reconstruction, edited Reese, Sorkin and Fontenot; Verso, Brooklyn NY: 2014.
- “Literature Review and Scan of Professional Meetings Relevant to Integrating Arts and Culture into Comprehensive Strategies to Address Economically Disadvantaged Communities Key Findings Internal Report to the Kresge Foundation” Co-authored with Maria Rosario Jackson, Ph.D. and Kassie Betrumen, The Urban Institute, 2012.
- (Contributor) Journal of Radical Shimming Issue 14, 2012.
- Transforma Projects 2005-2010 Co-edited with Jessica Cusick, Sam Durant, Rick Lowe, and Robert Ruello, 2010. (Available at http://www.transformaprojects.org)
- “Revisiting Selected Themes from the Investing in Creativity Study: Artists’ Hybrid Work, Advocacy and Information.” Co-authored with Maria Rosario Jackson, Ph.D. and Florence Kabwasa-Green, Internal Preliminary Findings Report, The Urban Institute, 2009.
- “Artists’ Hybrid Careers: An Assessment of Training and Professional Development Opportunities and Needs.” Co-authored with Maria Rosario Jackson, Ph.D. and Florence Kabwasa-Green, Report to the Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation, The Urban Institute, 2009.
- (Installation included) “Workspace 08: In Katrina’s Wake”, Blanton Museum of Art at the University of Texas, Austin, TX, 2008.
- (Contributor) Dutch Dialogues, edited Meyer, Morris and Waggonner, SUN Architecture Publishers; the Netherlands: 2009.
- “A Framework for Sustainable Urban Resilience in Planning District 2.” Co-author with H3 Studio, Inc, 2007.
- “A Framework for Ecological Resilience in District 13.” Co-author with H3 Studio, Inc, 2007.
- (Contributor) “Groundwork 2006 Review”, Contributor, CITYbuild Consortium of Schools, 2007.
- (Installation included) “Project New Orleans”, African American Museum, New Orleans, LA, 2006.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE (2007- 2015)
- Visiting lectures and teaching engagements on topics such as: 1) Public and socially-engaged art practice; 2) Community engaged design; 3) The politics of rebuilding in post-Katrina New Orleans; 4) the various roles of artists in social change initiatives; 5) funding artist-driven projects connected to community. Taught students from the following institutions:
- Tulane University [New Orleans, LA]; Otis College of Art and Design, University of California Los Angeles and University of Southern California [Los Angeles, CA]; Graduate School of Design at Harvard University [Cambridge, MA]; The Heller School at Brandeis University [Waltham, MA]; Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design, University of Toronto [Toronto, ON]; Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Arts at Washington University [St Louis, MO]; Curatorial Programme of de Appel [Amsterdam, NLD]; Yale University [New Haven, CT]; Bard College [Annandale-on-Hudson, NY];
- Surdna Foundation, Program Officer in the Thriving Cultures program
- (Feb 2013 - current: New York)
- Transforma Projects, Project Manager
- (Sept 2007 - Sept 2010: New Orleans)
- H3 Studio, Inc., Community Engagement Coordinator and Designer
- (Sept 2006 - Sept 2007: New Orleans)
- INDEPENDENT CONSULTING
- The Urban Institute, Research Assistant
- (Feb 2008 - Dec 2012: Washington DC)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Research Assistant
- (August 2012 - Feb 2013)
- Leveraging Investments in Creativity (LINC), consultant
- (July 2011 - March 2012: New York)
- Mel Chin Studio, Project Coordinator
- (Summer 2011: Oakland)
- National Performance Network, Interim Project Director
- (Oct 2009 - Aug 2012: New Orleans)
- Tulane University School of Architecture, Project Coordinator
- (May 2007 - May 2009: New Orleans)