- M.A. in English/Creative Writing Temple University
- B.A. in English, Magna cum laude, Temple University
- Large-scale multigenre, multimedia performance-installation and “walk-through poem” of ENDOME (sabbatical project based on recently completed full-length poetry manuscript), to be presented September 11-13, 2015, at the Sedgwick Theatre, Philadelphia
"ENDOME" was recently accepted for inclusion in the upcoming group art show Widening the Cycle, which will be part of the biannual multidisciplinary conference of the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research, entitled "Menstrual Health and Reproductive Justice: Human Rights across the Lifespan," Suffolk University, Boston, MA, June 4-6, 2015.
“ENDOMED: Artistic Process and Self-Discovery,” presented at the twenty-ninth annual National Conference on Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, October 21-23, 2015
“Visuals in Writing Center Consultation: What can we do, What could we do, What should we do?” panelist, International Writing Centers Association Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, October 8 – 10, 2015
Founding Director of The Writer's Studio, Moore's writing center, 2011
"ENDOME" was selected to be part of the Women's Theatre Festival of Memphis, July 10 - 16, 2016, at the Hattiloo Theatre in Memphis, TN.
Currently writing a review essay on creative writing pedagogy, to be published in the upcoming Fall 2016 issue of the Journal of Creative Writing Studies.
Presentation/workshop to graduate students in multiple disciplines at a colloquium on memoir writing and personal myth entitled "Writing into the Self" at Prescott College, Prescott, AZ, on January 17, 2015.
Giving a performance adapted from her poetry manuscript entitled ENDOME at the 28th Annual Conference of the Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts on October 9-12, 2014, in Dallas, TX.
- ENDOME (multi-media poetic performance) presented at the 20th Biennial Conference of
the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research, Marymount Manhattan College, New York, NY, 2013
- Will be giving a presentation entitled “Ways of Seeing Student Writing: The Artistic Practice of Writing/Tutoring,” with Moore Writing Coordinator and two of our student Writing Assistants from The Writer's Studio, at the Mid-Atlantic Writing Center Association (MAWCA) at California University of Pennsylvania in April, 2013.
- Presented a talk entitled “Visual Poetries: Creative Writing as Art, Students as Teachers,” with Moore writing program adjunct instructor Lucia Gbaya-Kanga, at the 26th annual National Conference on Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists: WORDIMAGE/IMAGEWORD in New York, NY in October 2012.
- Attended conference, "Identity/Memory/Testimony," at The University of New England, ME, and gave a multi-media performance as part of her poetry manuscript, ENDOME.
- Chairing a session and presenting a paper entitled “Visual Poetries: Creative Writing as Art, Students as Teachers” with Moore adjunct Lucia Gbaya-Kanga at the 26th Annual National Conference on Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists in October, at the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
- ENDOME: a collaborative performance by Holly Bittner and Heather Ujiie, Moore College of Art & Design, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
- Leading a workshop "Playing Across the Curriculum: Using Creative Writing Exercises in Critical Writing Revision.", the International Writing Centers Association Conference, Baltimore, MD, 2010.
- Presentation of paper, “Chasms of Creation: Dismantling the Disciplines through Creative Writing,” at the 57th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communications in Chicago in March 2006
- Recent publication in the journals Chain and ixnay, and online in The Poetry Project collaborations issue
- Poetry readings given recently at the Free Library of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, and Moore
- Performance of multi-media poem TRIGGER in the 2003 Philadelphia Fringe Festival;
Awards and Fellowships
- Recipient of the Albert J. Caplan Prize of the Academy of American Poets in 2001