News & Highlights
of 2012 Illustration graduates are employed, 68%with organizations in their field of
study, including: Boco Digital Media, Monroe Designs, Little
Woman Design, Tyco Toys, Inc. and Sand Piper Gallerie II. For more details visit the Locks Career
- Fashion Illustration alumna Renee Reeser Zelnick '89 did all of the promo art for the cast of NBC's upcoming Dracula series. Zelnick also designed a custom car for Carson Daly on NBC's the VOICE
- Class of 2002 alumna Amy Ignatow's newest book, The Popularity Papers 6: Love and Other Fiascos of Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang launched on October 8th, and the next and final book in The Popularity Papers series will be out in Fall of 2014. Amy has also been contracted by Amulet Books to start a new illustrated series for middle-grade readers.
- Moore alumna Desiree Bender '05 is the artist of the Freewall mural on the side of Fergie's Pub in Philadelphia, PA. Freewall is supported by the Knight Foundation.
- Moon Over Bioko. Sea Turtles of Bioko Island, a children’s book illustrated by Holly Smith '77 and written by Heidi Rader, has been recognized by Purple Dragonfly Book Award for best illustrations in the animal/pet category, best cover design in children's picture books from the National Indie Excellence Awards and a Silver Award for juvenile fiction from the Mom's Choice Awards.
- Moore faculty member Tim Ogline's book Ben Franklin For Beginners was released on October 1. It is a nonlinear YA-oriented biography of Ben Franklin that discusses his life in topic oriented, richly illustrated chapters that detail Franklin's achievements in numerous arenas. For Beginners books is a graphically illustrated series that makes enduring topics accessible (yet not dumbed-down) and has published over fifty titles in the past twenty-five years.
The Illustation Major Offers