The mission of the art education department is to prepare students to be professional artist-teachers according to Pennsylvania Department of Education standards. Students are prepared through studio art course work and hands-on practical experience. As student teachers, they learn to share their knowledge and appreciation of art with all students including those with special needs. Successful completion of the program opens opportunities to teach in museums and community institutions, as well as in primary, middle and secondary schools. Read more about the major...
News & Highlights
- 86% of 2013 Art Education graduates are employed, 100%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Congratulations to Amanda Newman-Godfrey, assistant professor of Art Education, for being published in an article for The Teachers College magazine, TC Today, and for receiving a Doctoral Disseration Award from Teachers College for promising research that will contribute to her field of study.
- A new addition to the Moore website is our Podcast Series, the purpose of which is to share scholarly and highly informative lectures by Moore faculty, alumni and staff with the public. We’re launching the series with these two lectures on leadership by President Fitzgibbon.
- Moore adjunct faculty member Lauren Stichter's students have art work on displayed for Art in City Hall.
- Loretta Lee Edge '64 recieved an award in the Tennesee Watercolor Society Show in May of 2014. Her winning piece was a watercolor painting of "Putto: Fontana di Nettuno, Roma."
I'm currently employed with the New York City Department of Education. I'm the visual art teacher at Claremont International High School in the South Bronx. My population of students consists of 9th and 10th grade...
Moore is such a tight-knit community and it really helped me grow as an artist and individual. I decided to come to Moore my senior year of high school. I always knew I wanted to be a teacher and I loved art so I...
Moore College of Art & Design
I have been awarded my BFA in Art Education and my MA in Art Education with an Emphasis on Special Populations from Moore College of Art & Design. During my time at Moore I have learned to think critically, reflect and...