An Art Education Mini-Symposium
in partnership with The Franklin Institute
Always a highly anticipated spring event, this year’s Art and Special Education mini-symposium brings the arts and sciences together featuring keynote speaker Dr. Frederic Bertley.
Following our keynote there will be 4 fun filled, hands-on STEAM for Special Populations workshops centered on the theme of “Our Bodies in Balance” for you to pick from.
- $25 includes symposium fee, light refreshments and FREE general admission to The Franklin Institute for the day.
- $6 parking @ The Franklin Institute (space is limited)
Seating is limited so please register today!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
9:00-9:30 Register & Refreshments
9:30-9:50 Keynote Dr. Frederic Bertley
10:00-12:15 Attendees may pick 3 of the 4 hands on workshops that are provided. Please select these when registering online for this event.
- The Workshop School: STEAM through the eyes of a student.
- Art Educator Angela Capuzzi: STEAM in the Art Room.
- The Franklin Institute: STEAM Adaptations for Special Populations.
- Charter High School of Architecture and Design teacher Chris Sweeney:
STEAM Makers Slam
12:15-12:30 Wrap Up
12:30-1:30 Lunch on your own
1:30 FREE general admission to the Franklin Institute.
- Discounted $10 tickets for the new The Science Behind Pixar exhibit will be made available for purchase at The Franklin Institute.
ACT 48 hours are available to Art Educators.
Photo by Academic Image