If You Need a Peer Tutor . . .
If you find that you could use some extra help in one of your studio classes, the Writing Coordinator can connect you with a peer tutor. Simply complete the Peer Tutor Request Form (available in hard copy both at the end of the Student Services hallway and in the Writing Coordinator’s office) and submit the completed form to the Writing Coordinator.
If You Would Like to Be a Peer Tutor . . .
Peer tutoring is a great way to refresh your studio skills, build your teaching skills, and add relevant experience to your résumé. Tutoring offers a flexible schedule; you set appointments with students based on your availability. Both work-study and non-work study students may tutor.
What Tutors Do . . .
- Tutor students one-on-one in Studio courses specific to their major
- Attend a peer tutoring training in the fall semester
- Attend periodic check-in meetings with the Tutorial Coordinator and other peer tutors
What Tutors Need . . .
- At least one recommendation from a faculty member
- A GPA of 3.5 or above in their major
- To enjoy working with different types of people and different skill levels
- To demonstrate interest and enthusiasm for studio arts and learning
- To possess leadership potential and willingness to initiate projects
Peer Tutor Job Description
Peer Tutoring Handbook
as of Fall 2008
Peer Tutor Agreement