News & Highlights
november - december 2013
- Gradate alumna Laura Petrovich-Cheney '12 was featured on This Week's Story about her residency in the arctic circle.
- Graduate alumna Jeanine Ciach '13 had a photo selected to include on the set of "Eye on the Prize" starring Richard Gere and Dakota Fanning that is being filmed in Philadelphia. Her photo is on the set of Dakota Fanning's character's studio. The fil will be released in 2014.
- Adjunct professor Josephine G.
Viviani, Alexandra Ogle MAAEd ’13 and Veronica Hicks MAAEd ’13 will be
presenting “The 3 R's of Action Research” at the Pennsylvania Art Educators
Association’s Annual Conference on October 19, 2013 at 8 AM in Bethlehem, PA
- Congratulations to Moore alumna and faculty member Lynne Horoschak '66 on being named the PA Art Educator of the Year.
- Moore is Second Home for Philadelphia Art Teacher Liz Long, goes through Young Artists Workshop through to Moore's Masters Program. Liz earned her BFA in Art Education in 2007, her Post-Baccalaureate in 2010 and her MA in Art Education with Emphasis in Special Populations in 2013.
- Two of Wendelyn Anderson's (MFA in Studio Art, Class of 2012) "ordinary spaces" fabric prints were accepted into the Montgomery County Guild of Professional Artists annual Fall juried show. The piece titled, "Kitchen Sink" won the Joanna Lightner Photography Award.
- Two current MFA in Studio Art students (Melinda Houvig and Chello Sherman) are showing in "Abstracted" an exhibition at Elkton Station Gallery. The exhibition runs OCT 4 - OCT 23.