- Ph.D. in Rhetoric from U.C. Berkeley
- MFA in photography from the San Francisco Art Institute
- Recent curatorial Projects include And the Winner Is Nick Kahn, 2012; Field Guide: Markus Baenziger, 2011; among friends, 2009; and Framing Photographs: Contexts and Transpositions, 2008.
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Independent College Programs at Haverford College.
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Visual Studies at the John B. Hurford Class of ’60 Center for Arts and Humanities, Haverford College, 2012-13.
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Comparative Literature at Haverford while also serving as the Center’s Exhibitions Program’s Faculty Liaison, 2009-12.
- Featured artist at the Robert Flaherty Seminar, 2009.
- Mellon Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Center, 2007-09.