Moore has a long-standing reputation as a leader in Interior Design education, and it is this reputation that necessitates our evaluation of the current program. The College will teach out the current students through summer 2017, and at this time is not accepting applications for this program. We look forward to this time of reflection and assessment as we continue to improve our graduate programs for future students.
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- MFA in Interior Design student Sonia Benner received an award at the 2016 Interior Design Awards (IDA), a professional competition for Philadelphia designers sponsored by the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Pennsylvania East chapter. Read more here
- MFA in Interior Design Class of 2013, 2014 & 2015 – 90% are employed in their field of study
- Hillary Eickhoff – Cultural Significance of Movie Theater Design
- Theresa Griffin: The Currents: Marketplace and Design Center
- Denise Haag – Verienigen Integrated Enrichment Center: Respecting the Old While Designing Anew
- Sequoyah Hunter-Cuyjet - @ Level Lands
- Stephani Long - The Poppy: A Boutique Hotel
- Damarys Vazquez-Bennett – Under One Roof: Intergenerational Daycare & Wellness Center
The Master of Fine Arts in Interior Design emphasizes the development of professional, creative and research-based interior designers, who serve human needs within the greater social and environmental context. Most studio projects are the adaptive reuse of buildings that students visit and then design for the needs of various types of clients.