- MFA in Studio Arts, University of Illinois Chicago School of Art and Design
- BFA in Exhibition Studies and Video, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
contributing artist for Greg Sholette’s “Imaginary Archive” installation at UPenn’s Institute for Contemporary Art’s Traces in the Dark exhibition in Philadelphia from February 4 - March 22 with an opening reception on February 4. 2015
- Commonwealth & Council, group exhibition [Los Angeles, CA] , 2014
- Contributor to Land and Sea: Overview poster portfolio [Oakland, CA], 2014
- Compound/Alternative Press Center, Crisis Image Archives [Baltimore, MD], 2014
- Feldman Gallery Project Space at Pacific Northwest College of Art, Crisis Image Archives [Portland, OR], 2013
- Charlotte Street Foundation, Crisis Image Archives [Kansas City, MO], 2013
- Athens Biennale 4, with Never The Same [Athens, Greece], 2013
- Threewalls Schizo Culture: A Collaborative Reading with Laurie Palmer curated by Mary Patten [Chicago, IL], 2013
- Gallery 400, “A Spectre Is Haunting”, group exhibition [Chicago, IL], 2013
- Center for Book Arts, “Required Reading” (with Note’s for a People’s Atlas), group exhibition [New York, NY], 2012
- Southside Hub of Production (SHOP), “On Making Things Matter” , group exhibition [Chicago, IL], 2012
- Panelist on “Ethics of Social Practice” at the College Art Association (CAA) in New York on February 12.
- Daniel will be a panelist on “Community-Based Practice” and a mentor to young authors through the Oklahoma Art Writing & Curatorial Fellowship at Oklahoma City Museum of Art in Oklahoma City.
- Workshop leader at Open Engagement conference in Pittsburgh, PA in April .2015
- Spoke at the Healthy Food Local Farms Conference, Louisville, KY, October 2014
- Immersive Life Practices, edited by Daniel Tucker; Series edited by Mary Jane Jacob and Kate Zeller. 2014.
- Plains Art Museum, Panelist at Central Time Centric conference [Fargo, ND] 2014.
- Cal State Fullerton’s Grand Central Art Center, Artist in Residence [Santa Ana, CA] 2014.
- Editor (with Rebecca Zorach) of “Never The Same: Conversations About Art Transforming Politics & Community in Chicago & Beyond” 2011-2014.
- Co-curator, An Artists’ Congress, with Michael Rakowitz and the Block Museum at Northwestern University [Evanston, IL] 2014.
- Panelist: 10th Annual Conference of the International Association for the Study of Environment, Space, and Place at CalArts [Valencia, CA] 2014.
- Keynote: Connecting Chicago Community Gardens [Chicago, IL] 2014.
- Panelist: Connecting the Dots: Post 1960’s Activist Networks and Creative Practice, at College of Art Association. 2014
- Chicago Cultural Center, “Spontaneous Interventions” lecture [Chicago, IL]. 2013.
- Keynote Lecture, with Rebecca Zorach for Art and Design faculty retreat by Columbia College [Chicago, IL]. 2013.
- Curator “Unfurling: Five Explorations in Art, Activism, and Archiving” at Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry in The University of Chicago. [Chicago, IL] 2013.
- Lecture, “Artist Talk: Talking In Circles, Recent Art and Archiving” University of Chicago, Art History [Chicago, IL] 2013.
- ACRE Residency selection committee [Stuben, WI] 2013.
- Panelist “Archiving the Alternative” at The Association of American Cultures “Open Dialogue 13” [Providence, RI]. 2013.
- PAGE (Publicly Active Graduate Education) Fellow at Imagining America national consortium. 2012-2013.
- Co-Curator “Cycles of Struggle” video program with Brian Holmes at UIC Social Justice Initiative’s Pop Up Gallery [Chicago, IL]. 2012.
- Presenter, And And And space at Documenta13 – “Learn In” about Chicago art and politics [Kassel, Germany] 2012.
- Headlands Center for the Arts “Creative Ecologies” Invitational Residency [Sausalito, CA]. 2011.
- Founder, Art In These Times gallery [Chicago, IL] 2010-2014.
- University of California Institute for Research in the Arts, Artist in Residence [Santa Barbara, CA] 2010-2011.
- Art & the Public Sphere Journal (Intellect & IXIA, UK) advisory board, 2010-2012.
AWARDS & FELLOWSHIPS
- Mellon Residential Fellowship at Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry at the University of Chicago [Chicago, IL]. 2013.
- Illinois Arts Council, travel grant [Chicago, IL] 2013.
- Dean’s Scholar Award (2012-2013) and University Fellowship (2011-2012) at University of Illinois Chicago [Chicago, IL].
- Best Art of The Year selection in Chicago Tribune by Lori Waxman for Visions for Chicago [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- Andy Warhol Foundation’s Propeller Fund administered by Threewalls and Gallery 400 [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts, Grant for individuals [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- MCA Artist Book Collection purchases Visions for Chicago and AREA for collection [Chicago, IL]. 2011.