- MA in Social Engagement (Graduate Program Director, Assistant Professor)
- MFA Studio Art (Graduate Program Director, Assistant Professor)
- Graduate Studies (Graduate Program Director, Assistant Professor)
- MFA Community Practice (Graduate Program Director, Assistant Professor)
Sarah Peter Hall
- MFA in Studio Arts, University of Illinois Chicago School of Art and Design
- BFA in Exhibition Studies and Video, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Contributor to “Imaginary Archive” installation at Institute for Contemporary Art’s for Traces in the Dark exhibition [Philadelphia, PA] 2015.
Screening of new feature length video "Future Perfect: Time Capsules in Reagan Country" at Hyde Park Art Center as part of "Ground Floor: Biennial of New Chicago Art". [ Chicago, IL]
- Commonwealth & Council, group exhibition [Los Angeles, CA] , 2014
- Contributor to Land and Sea: Overview poster portfolio [Oakland, CA], 2014
- Compound/Alternative Press Center, Crisis Image Archives [Baltimore, MD], 2014
- Feldman Gallery Project Space at Pacific Northwest College of Art, Crisis Image Archives [Portland, OR], 2013
- Charlotte Street Foundation, Crisis Image Archives [Kansas City, MO], 2013
- Athens Biennale 4, with Never The Same [Athens, Greece], 2013
- Threewalls Schizo Culture: A Collaborative Reading with Laurie Palmer curated by Mary Patten [Chicago, IL], 2013
- Gallery 400, “A Spectre Is Haunting”, group exhibition [Chicago, IL], 2013
- Center for Book Arts, “Required Reading” (with Note’s for a People’s Atlas), group exhibition [New York, NY], 2012
- Southside Hub of Production (SHOP), “On Making Things Matter” , group exhibition [Chicago, IL], 2012
- Curator of "Moving Units" a new project about food and finance at Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft [Louisville, KY] 2015.
Presenter in lunchtime lecture series at Philadelphia's City Hall for Monument Lab [Philadelphia, PA] 2015.
Workshop leader at Open Engagement conference [Pittsburgh, PA] 2015.
- Panelist on “Ethics of Social Practice” at the College Art Association [New York City, NY] 2015.
- Panelist on “Community-Based Practice” and a mentor to young authors through the Oklahoma Art Writing & Curatorial Fellowship at Oklahoma City Museum of Art [Oklahoma City, OK] 2015.
- Lecture at the Healthy Food Local Farms Conference [Louisville, KY] 2014.
- Plains Art Museum, Panelist at Central Time Centric conference [Fargo, ND] 2014.
- Cal State Fullerton’s Grand Central Art Center, Artist in Residence [Santa Ana, CA] 2014.
- Editor (with Rebecca Zorach) of “Never The Same: Conversations About Art Transforming Politics & Community in Chicago & Beyond” 2011-2014.
- Co-curator, An Artists’ Congress, with Michael Rakowitz and the Block Museum at Northwestern University [Evanston, IL] 2014.
- Panelist: 10th Annual Conference of the International Association for the Study of Environment, Space, and Place at CalArts [Valencia, CA] 2014.
- Panelist: Connecting the Dots: Post 1960’s Activist Networks and Creative Practice, at College of Art Association. 2014
- Chicago Cultural Center, “Spontaneous Interventions” lecture [Chicago, IL]. 2013.
- Keynote Lecture, with Rebecca Zorach for Art and Design faculty retreat by Columbia College [Chicago, IL]. 2013.
- Curator “Unfurling: Five Explorations in Art, Activism, and Archiving” at Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry in The University of Chicago. [Chicago, IL] 2013.
- Lecture, “Artist Talk: Talking In Circles, Recent Art and Archiving” University of Chicago, Art History [Chicago, IL] 2013.
- ACRE Residency selection committee [Stuben, WI] 2013.
- Panelist “Archiving the Alternative” at The Association of American Cultures “Open Dialogue 13” [Providence, RI]. 2013.
- PAGE (Publicly Active Graduate Education) Fellow at Imagining America national consortium. 2012-2013.
- Co-Curator “Cycles of Struggle” video program with Brian Holmes at UIC Social Justice Initiative’s Pop Up Gallery [Chicago, IL]. 2012.
- Presenter, And And And space at Documenta13 – “Learn In” about Chicago art and politics [Kassel, Germany] 2012.
- Headlands Center for the Arts “Creative Ecologies” Invitational Residency [Sausalito, CA]. 2011.
- Founder, Art In These Times gallery [Chicago, IL] 2010-2014.
- University of California Institute for Research in the Arts, Artist in Residence [Santa Barbara, CA] 2010-2011.
- Art & the Public Sphere Journal (Intellect & IXIA, UK) advisory board, 2010-Present.
AWARDS & FELLOWSHIPS
Awarded a grant from the Pew Center for Arts & Heritage to curate an upcoming exhibition and event series: http://www.pcah.us/news/159_introducing_the_2015_grantees_of_the_pew_center_for_arts_heritage
- Mellon Residential Fellowship at Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry at the University of Chicago [Chicago, IL]. 2013.
- Illinois Arts Council, travel grant [Chicago, IL] 2013.
- Dean’s Scholar Award (2012-2013) and University Fellowship (2011-2012) at University of Illinois Chicago [Chicago, IL].
- Best Art of The Year selection in Chicago Tribune by Lori Waxman for Visions for Chicago [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- Andy Warhol Foundation’s Propeller Fund administered by Threewalls and Gallery 400 [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- Graham Foundation for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts, Grant for individuals [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- MCA Artist Book Collection purchases Visions for Chicago and AREA for collection [Chicago, IL]. 2011.
- “Introspective Retrospective” reflection on Faith Wilding’s first retrospective for MooreWomenArtists.org
- Public Art Review (Spring/Summer 2015 Issue): Published interview with Janet Echelman from Moore Studio Conversation event [Print/Online]
- Contributed an essay to " Art as Social Practice – A critical investigation of works by Kenneth A. Balfelt" Edited by Matthias Hvass Borello (Revolver Publishing 2015)
- Immersive Life Practices, edited by Daniel Tucker; Series edited by Mary Jane Jacob and Kate Zeller. 2014.