- PhD The New School for Social Research
MA New School for Social Research
B.A. Eugene Lang College, 1994.
Greek Institute: Intensive summer course learning to read ancient Greek, 1995.
Latin Institute: Summer-Fall 1996 intensive course to read Latin.
- Participant in Brooklyn Book Festival. Brooklyn, NY. 2014.
- Participant in PEN International Literary Festival. New York City. 2014.
Awards & Fellowships
- Whiting Award. New York City. 2013.
- Andy Warhol Foundation/Creative Capital Arts Writer's Grant. New York City. 2009.
Weekly or Bi-Weekly essays for The Smart Set at Drexel University. These writings can be found online at thesmartset.com and are too numerous to list individually. 2007-present.
- Occasional essays written as "Monday Musings" for 3 Quarks Daily, where I am also an editor. A listing of these essays can be found here: http://3quarksdaily.blogs.com/3quarksdaily/MondayMusings.html 2005-present
- “Frank Lloyd Wright Tried to Solve the City,” in The New Yorker (online). May 22, 2014. http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/frank-lloyd-wright-tried-to-solve-thecity?utm_source=tny&utm_campaign=generalsocial&utm_medium=google+&mbid=social_google+
- “The Miraculousness of the Commonplace: Remembering Arthur Danto,” in n+1. November 11, 2013. https://nplusonemag.com/online-only/online-only/the-miraculousness-of-the-commonplace/