The Interactive & Motion Arts BFA program is designed for you if you are eager to pursue a career as a visual artists in the fields of animation, game art and mobile media design.
The major is for students who are curious self-learners and problem -solvers, have the design ti be part of a creative team or community, and thrive with the challenge of working within frameworks and prescribed limitations. It teaches a variety of industry-relevant knowledge including: hand and digital drawing, animation and storyboarding, development of 2D character design and 3D environments, history, theory, gaming strategies, proficiency in the use of art-making software and critical analysis of interactive culture.
Are you self-motivated, passionate in keeping up with the up-to-date and invested in being part of interative and social media communities? A tinkerer who enjoys figuring things out? A highly creative visual artist who embraces working collaboratively with other artists, designers and programmers? Then this major is perfect for you. Read more about the major.
News & Highlights
- Read about first-year student Rory Mallach in This Week's Story: Incoming IMA Major has Grown Through Moore's Pre-College Programs.
- A new addition to the Moore website is our Podcast Series, the purpose of which is to share scholarly and highly informative lectures by Moore faculty, alumni and staff with the public. We’re launching the series with these two lectures on leadership by President Fitzgibbon.
- Moore College Creates Mobile Game Animation Major for Women on Huffington Post.
- Moore College of Art: women’s school launches game design major on Technically Philly.
- Women in tech can have it all – even an arts degree article from the Guardian.