THE GRAPHIC DESIGN MAJOR OFFERS
- Graphic design is everywhere. You see it on your computer screen, in your environment, even in your refrigerator.
- Our program produces creative, informed, contemplative, visually astute designers able to grow within a continually evolving, dynamic profession.
- The program supports the creative process with a broad and carefully sequenced multiform curriculum emphasizing the fundamentals of design through concept development, sketching, prototyping, image making, typography, digital technology, time-based design, interactive media and web design.
- Graphic Designers are digital artists who have grown beyond two-dimensional design and make their mark with a broad spectrum of visual communication applications encompassing print, branding, motion graphics, packaging, environmental graphics, mobile apps and web-based media.
- The paid internship program, an experiential learning opportunity, supports our career-focused education that prepares graduates to enter the design profession with skills to meet the challenges and demands of an exciting, multi-faceted, career utilizing traditional, new and evolving media.