THE FINE ARTS MAJOR OFFERS:
- The Fine Arts program fully prepares students to build successful careers as practicing studio artists, educators and professionals.
- It fosters the development of the individual creative voice through a broad curriculum that includes a range of traditional and new media that progressively builds upon the development of skills and professional practice.
- The curriculum ensures that students develop the knowledge and skills to conceptualize and execute projects independently, and complete an ambitious body of work as a culminating senior thesis.
- An emphasis on critical thinking, problem-solving and risk-taking throughout the program encourages students to develop confidence to experiment and the self-reliance to become courageous life-long learners.
- The interdisciplinary curriculum supports students’ self-identified emphases, including painting, sculpture, video, performance and installation.
- Through studio and seminar courses students develop a deep understanding of contemporary issues and historical perspectives in art practice.
- In addition to the individual studios, students have access to drawing and painting studios, the printmaking shop, metal shops and a ceramics studio.