- Art History (Chair, Associate Professor)
- Liberal Arts (Chair, Associate Professor)
- Curatorial Studies (Chair, Associate Professor)
- Art Education (Chair, Associate Professor)
- MA in Social Engagement (Associate Professor)
- MFA Community Practice (Associate Professor)
Sarah Peter Hall Room 201
- PhD, MA, Temple University
- BA, University of New Hampshire
Lecture at Agnes Irwin School, Villanova PA. " Illusion vs. Abstraction: Changing Ideas about Visual Representations," 2015
Session Chair: The Ethics of Social Practice. College Art Association, New York City, NY. 2015.
Lecture at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. “Observation/Interpretation/Liberation/Participation: The Changing Role of the Viewer in Art,” VAST, Department of Education, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA. 2014
Book review: Roger Rothman, Tiny Surrealism: Salvador Dali and the Aesthetics of the Small. Journal for Surrealism and the Americas. 2014.
Lecture: Observation/Interpretation/Liberation/Participation: The Changing Role of the Viewer in Art, Department of Education, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA. 2014.
Lecture: Contemporary Trends in Art: Participatory Art, Teachers Summer Institute, Moore College of Art & Design, Philadelphia, PA. 2014.
Moderator, Fiona Tan Study Day, Department of Modern and Contemporary Art, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA. 2014.
Conference presentation: “Walking the Line in Museums: Participation and Its Discontents,” Session: Contemporary Art Practices and Audience Engagement: An Institutional Perspective, Southeast College Art Association, 2013.
Moderator, "Local Action," Relational art component of the exhibition, Living as Form, Moore College of Art & Design, Philadelphia, PA. 2013.
Lecture at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, "Narrative in Modern and Contemporary Art," July 2013.
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Modernism, authored entries on Arshile Gorky and Robert Rauschenberg.
- "Behaving Badly: Animals and the Ethics of Participatory Art," Journal of Curatorial Studies, no. 2, 2012.
- Juror, Fleisher WIND Challenge (Photography and Time-based Media), Fleisher Art Memorial, Philadelphia, PA. 2012.
“Blending Art and Ethics: Marco Evaristti’s Helena and the Killing Aesthetic.” Session: Beyond Censorship: Art and Ethics, College Art Association, Los Angeles, CA. 2012.
Guest speaker, Theater Production of Tina Howe’s MUSEUM, Villanova University Department of Theater and Performing Arts, Villanova, PA. 2012.
“They Drew First Blood: Jenny Drumgoole and The Real Women of Philadelphia.” Session: Spoofing Off: Are Parody and Satire Effective Form of Institutional Critique?, Southeastern College Art Conference/Mid-America College Art Association, Savannah, GA. 2011.
Guest Curator, "Jenny Drumgoole: Real Woman of Philadelphia" Levy Gallery, Moore College of Art & Design, January-March, 2011.
“Salvador Dalí’s The Ecumenical Council: A Paranoiac-critical Exegesis.” Symposium: Why Have There Been No Great Modern Religious Artists, ASCHA, Museum of Biblical Art, New York City, 2011.
Session Chair, Dalí Vision: Optics, Perception, and Spatial Illusion in the Art and Writings of Salvador Dalí (post-1940), Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts, 2010.
“Masters of Deception: Salvador Dalí’s Stereoscopic Paintings and Gerrit Dou’s The Quack” Session: Slight of Mind: The Magnetic Convergence of Science and Magic in the Modern Era, Southeastern College Art Conference/Mid-America College Art Association, 2010.
Reviewed Catherine Millet’s book, "Dali and Me", in the "Journal for Surrealism and the Americas", 2009.
- Lecture Series on Contemporary Art through the Lens of Photography, Woodmere Museum, Philadelphia, PA, 2009.
- Dalí panelist. Symposium: The Metamorphosis of Sigmund: Freud and His Afterlives, The Wilma Theater, Philadelphia. June, 2009.
- “Office Ladies, School Girls, and Video Vixens: The Multiple Identities of Mariko Mori’s Women in Post-Bubble Japan,” Women’s Art Journal, May/Summer 2008
- “Holy Toledo!: Salvador Dalí’s paranoiac-critical mysticism and the Life of St. John of the Cross” in The Dalí Renaissance, ed. Michael Taylor. Yale University Press, 2008.
- “Double Deceptions: Salvador Dalí’s Stereoscopic Paintings and the Influence of Gerrit Dou,” Papers of Surrealism, ed. Joanna Pawlik and David Lomas, 2015.
- Book review of Rothman, Roger. Tiny Surrealism: Salvador Dali and the Aesthetics of the Small. University of Nebraska Press, 2012. Journal for Surrealism and the Americas. ed. Samantha Kavky. 2015