Educational Support Services (ESS), located on the first floor of Stahl Hall, provides a variety of free services to all BFA, Post-bac and Graduate students, designed to help them make the best possible use of their educational opportunities at Moore, and ultimately achieve academic success.
Cara Croke, M.A., Academic Advisor 215.965.4063
- assists students in planning their academic programs, including the selection of courses that align course requirements with their personal and professional goals.
- collaborates with other staff and faculty to support students experiencing academic difficulties.
- maintains information about international opportunities including the Arcadia travel programs and the Mobility program.
Steve Scaduto, Director of Educational Support & The Writer’s Studio 215.965.4062:
- assists with time management skills
- assists with note-taking/study skills
- assists with Pre-writing (idea stage); organizing (draft stage); revising/editing (final stage)
- helps students learn to edit their own work
- assists with improving grammar skills
- assists with proper citations/avoiding plagiarism
- provides learning difference support
- provides English Language Learner (ELL) support
- connects students with peer tutors for studio classes
Claudine Thomas, Associate Dean 215.965.4061:
- assists students who request classroom accommodations for learning differences. Students who wish to apply for learning disability services and/or accommodations should contact the Associate Dean as early as possible, and provide qualified documentation from a licensed professional in the field appropriate to the disability.