For Immediate Release
November 9, 2010
(Philadelphia, PA) Moore College of Art & Design is pleased to announce an exciting new undergraduate, international experience that students may participate in as early as the summer of their first year.
This summer Moore will offer: London Now: Exploring the Visual and Literary Arts, an intensive three-week course in London. The course is presented by Moore College of Art & Design in partnership with The College of Global Studies, Arcadia University and will take place July 28 - August 19, 2011.
This distinctive program builds upon Moore’s mission to educate students for careers in art and design. This new initiative is designed for students early in their college experience.
“International travel can have an impact on how students think about the world and their future,” says Moore President Happy Craven Fernandez. “By offering the program to students early in their academic life, the experience can impact how they craft the rest of their education and better inform their career choices.”
Moore’s new international program:
• Brings the world to students early on, starting in the summer of their first year of college.
• Is designed to be affordable for all Moore students, with need-based financial aid available for qualified students.
• Gives students an international perspective sooner, providing them with a deeper and holistic understanding of global creative industries early in their college experiences.
• Enriches students’ learning, better informing their future careers.
• Enhances students’ problem solving skills, ability to see multiple perspectives, and capacity to develop multiple solutions, all characteristics that are highly prized by employers.
Paired with Moore’s required internship experience and leadership development programs, this new initiative for early international study opportunities underscores Moore’s commitment to academic excellence and to preparing students for their lives as working professionals and leaders in art and design.
Go to www.moore.edu/beyond_the_classroom/international_study for details.
Moore College of Art & Design educates students for inspiring careers in art and design. Founded in 1848, Moore is the nation's first and only women's art college. Moore's career-focused environment and professionally active faculty form a dynamic community in the heart of Philadelphia's cultural district. The College offers nine Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees for women. A coeducational Graduate Studies program was launched in summer, 2009. In addition, Moore provides many valuable opportunities in the arts through The Galleries at Moore, a Continuing Education Certificate program for adults, the 91-year-old acclaimed Youth Art Program for girls and boys grades 1-12, The Art Shop and the Sculpture Park. For more information about Moore, visit www.moore.edu.
November 9, 2010
Moore College of Art & Design is pleased to announce an exciting new undergraduate, international experience that students may participate in as early as the summer of their first year.