- MFA, BFA, Tyler School of Art , Temple University
- Certificate in Painting, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Moe Brooker: Getting Back to Then, Tregoning & Company, Cleveland, OH, 2014
- Present Futures, Here and Now, Recent Paintings by Moe Brooker, June Kelly Gallery, New York, NY, 2013.
- African American Art Since 1950, Group Exhibition, David C. Driskell Center at the University of Maryland, 2012.
- Solo Exhibition, Stella Jones Gallery, New Orleans, LA, 2012
- Centennial Juried Exhibition, Delaware Art Museum, 2012-13
- Moe Brooker:The Evidence of Things Not Seen, Alumni Sales Gallery, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, PA, 2012.
- Flirting with Abstraction, Woodmere Art Museum, Philadelphia, PA, 2011 - 2012.
- Featured at the Leonard Pearlstein Gallery as part of the Senior Artists Initiative's Fifth Biennial Exhibition, 2011.
- Intention and Improvisation, La Salle University Art Museum, Philadelphia, PA, 2011.
Faculty Triennial Exhibition – Practice and Process, The Galleries at Moore: Goldie Paley Gallery, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
- 2010 "Shorthand for Real", Solo Exhibition, Sande Webster Gallery, Philadelphia, PA.
- 2010, "All That Jazz:, Group Exhibition, Sande Webster Gallery, Philadelphia, PA.
- Interview with ideastream.org
- Commissioned to create a drawing in the laminated glass windows of the elevator in a parking tower in Long Island, NY
- Featured on a Podcast about his solo exhibition in Cleveland, OH, 2014
- Painting Critique and Demo with Moe Brooker, Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington, DE, 2012.
- Spoke on CBS 3's Philly Talk program about the Henry O. Tanner exhibit at PAFA
- Exhibition Moe Brooker:The Evidence of Things Not Seen featured on WHYY's Art Beat
- Presented a paper To The Glory of God (TTGG): Moe Brooker’s Painted Faith in conjunction with the Tanner exhibition at PAFA, 2012.
- Lecture, "The Process of Making Visible," Tyler School of Art, 2011.
- Essay published in the 2010 winter edition of Brilliant Corners: A Journal of Jazz & Literature. Published by Lycoming College
- Cover art, For Trane & Parker, in honor of saxophonists John Coltrane and Charlie Parker. in the 2010 winter edition of Brilliant Corners: A Journal of Jazz & Literature. Published by Lycoming College.
Awards and Fellowships
- 2011, Honored by The African American Museum in Philadelphia at 35th Anniversary Celebration
- 2010 Artist of the Year Award, the Governor’s Awards for the Arts, Governor Edward G. Rendell of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 2010 Artists Equity Award
- 2009, Medal of Achievement, The Philadelphia Art Alliance
courtesy of the Sande Webster Gallery, Philadelphia and June Kelly Gallery, New York
Courtesy of Sande Webster Gallery, Philadelphia and June Kelly Gallery, New York