- ENDOME (multi-media poetic performance) presented at the 20th Biennial Conference of
the Society for Menstrual Cycle Research, Marymount Manhattan College, New York, NY, 2013
- Will be giving a presentation entitled “Ways of Seeing Student Writing: The Artistic Practice of Writing/Tutoring,” with Moore Writing Coordinator Sarah Vanacore and two of our student Writing Assistants from The Writer's Studio, at the Mid-Atlantic Writing Center Association (MAWCA) at California University of Pennsylvania in April, 2013.
- Presented a talk entitled “Visual Poetries: Creative Writing as Art, Students as Teachers,” with Moore writing program adjunct instructor Lucia Gbaya-Kanga, at the 26th annual National Conference on Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists: WORDIMAGE/IMAGEWORD in New York, NY in October 2012.
- Attended conference, "Identity/Memory/Testimony," at The University of New England, ME, and gave a multi-media performance as part of her poetry manuscript, ENDOME.
- Chairing a session and presenting a paper entitled “Visual Poetries: Creative Writing as Art, Students as Teachers” with Moore adjunct Lucia Gbaya-Kanga at the 26th Annual National Conference on Liberal Arts and the Education of Artists in October, at the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
- ENDOME: a collaborative performance by Holly Bittner and Heather Ujiie, Moore College of Art & Design, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
- Leading a workshop "Playing Across the Curriculum: Using Creative Writing Exercises in Critical Writing Revision.", the International Writing Centers Association Conference, Baltimore, MD, 2010.
- Presentation of paper, “Chasms of Creation: Dismantling the Disciplines through Creative Writing,” at the 57th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communications in Chicago in March 2006
- Recent publication in the journals Chain and ixnay, and online in The Poetry Project collaborations issue
- Poetry readings given recently at the Free Library of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Temple University, and Moore
- Performance of multi-media poem TRIGGER in the 2003 Philadelphia Fringe Festival;
Awards and Fellowships
- Recipient of the Albert J. Caplan Prize of the Academy of American Poets in 2001