Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
The Illustration major is dedicated to the ideal that an illustrator is first and foremost a knowledgeable and skilled artist/designer. To encourage the development of a creative imagination and a personal point of view, the curriculum promotes exploration in historic and contemporary illustration processes and practices. This approach prepares students for the challenging world of illustrative art and design. Professional business practices and presentation skills are emphasized to prepare students to enter professional careers. Read more about the major...
News & Highlights
- Congratulations to Illustration alumni Linus Cursi '14 and Marilyn Foehrenbach '13, and Skye Bolluyt '15, who won honors in the 2014 3x3 International Student Show hosted by 3X3, The Magazine of Contemporary Illustration. Cursi won Best in Show, Foehrenbach took the bronze medal and Bolluyt, who is doing her required internship at the company, received a merit award in the Sci-fi category. All medal, merit and distinguished merit winners will appear in the Annual to be released in both a print and iPad edition.
- 100% of 2013 Illustration graduates are employed, 84%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Moore College of Art & Design Student Michelle Lockamy Wins International L. Ron Hubbard's Illustrators of the Future Contest She was one of three students to have her artwork selected for a large banner hanging on the front of Moore’s building.
- Megan Lawlor '82 painting, "Lizzie in Tutu", oil on linen, received the First Place Award and PSC Medal at the 2014 PSC Philadanco Benefit Art Exhibition on view June 13-28, 2014.
Jurors: Cecelia Fitzgibbon, President, Moore College of Art & Design, Lisa Hamiltom, CEO Michener Museum, Nelson Shanks, Studio Incamminati." - at The Philadelphia Sketch Club.
- Moore faculty member Dominick Saponaro has work selected for the Spectrum Exhibition by the Society of Illustrators
- Congratulations to Junior Illustration Major Caroline Frumento on having her work, “I Hate Winter,” accepted into the 2014 Society of Illustrators Comic & Cartoon Art Annual show.
- Fashion Illustration alumna Renee Reeser Zelnick '89 designed a custom car for Carson Daly on NBC's the VOICE and designed a print comp that was used for the ad campaign for The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
- Moore faculty member Stephen Layne Designs Joe Frazier Statue in Philadelphia on This Week's Story.