Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
You have an eye for working with color and shape. You have a knack for recognizing trends. You know that what we wear is more than items that cover our bodies – What we wear is a creative expression of who we are and how we want to be seen. Moore's acclaimed Fashion Design program blends the best art and method training with the practical demands of working in a wide-range of fields including fashion design, costume design, and accessory design to name a few of many. You have the opportunity to be part of a program that maintains a close level of interaction with the celebrated fashion industry in Philadelphia and New York. Prestigious designers, alumni, and other major figures from the fashion industry critique student work and assist in placing students in internships. Moore's popular fashion shows and impressive record of top honors in numerous design competitions promote a reputation for achievement among students beginning a career in this competitive field. Read more about the major....
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
- Four students were hired by their internship employers. Nicole Cipolloni assisted faculty member Rosemarie McKelvey at a show at the National Constitution Center this summer. Sophia Scalora was hired as a designer at North Light Fibers in Block Island, RI where she will design and write patterns for hand knitters. Ellery Lee is now employed by Indego Africa in NY where she works in jewelry design. Cassie Covage has been hired by Nicole Miller in NY as a design assistant/coordinator.
- Claudia Geissler was hired in June by Diane Von Furstenberg in NYC as a production development assistant. Ivana Urick was hired as an intern by Jenny Yoo in NY and is already a production development/designer at the company. Haley Costanza has been hired as an assistant designer at Elie Tahari in NYC.
- Amanda Plummer has been accepted into the Knitwear Masters Program in Italy. She is one of ten that was accepted and told us that her portfolio was the key to her success. Huge thanks to her faculty members Danny Noble, Colleen Moretz and Lorraine Beckett for all their support.
- 94% of 2015 Fashion Design Graduates are employed, 100% in their field of study! For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
- Alumna Dom Streater '10 does it again! On May 5 she won Lifetime's "Project Runway All Stars," Season 5 after having won "Project Runway," Season 12 two years ago. Congrats Dom!
- Watch a video of Fashion Design sophomores's field trip to Century 21 Department Store's E-commerce facility in Secaucus, NJ
Moore College of Art & Design alumna Dom Streater ’10 joined the ranks of the ascending fashion elite when she was named the winner of Project Runway Season 12. Streater, from West Philadelphia, bested three other...
Carrie Morrissey ‘04 Fashion Design, hasn’t slept in days. That’s because she is gearing up for Market Week, the week after New York Fashion Week in February where she will be presenting her jewelry collection....
The sign in front of the storefront reads "Dry Cleaning with Style." And style is what you find when you step inside the Bonded BoutiqueCleaner in University City. The shop at 37th & Spruce Streets is both a...