Are you self-motivated, passionate about keeping up with technology and invested in being part of interactive and social media communities? A tinkerer who enjoys figuring things out? A highly creative visual artist who embraces working collaboratively with other artists, designers and programmers? Then this major is perfect for you.
The Animation & Game Arts BFA program is designed for you if you are eager to pursue a career as a visual artist in the fields of animation, game art and mobile media design.
The major is for students who are curious self-learners and problem-solvers, have the desire to be part of a creative team or community, and thrive with the challenge of working within frameworks and prescribed limitations. It teaches a variety of industry-relevant knowledge including: hand and digital drawing, animation and storyboarding, development of 2D character design and 3D environments, history, theory, gaming strategies, proficiency in the use of art-making software and critical analysis of interactive culture.
"News & Highlights
- "Game Changers: Women Making Games" is Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 6 pm.
Click here for info and to register!
- Moore Prof: Women Don't Design "Girly" Video Games on Phillymag.com
- Moore College Creates Mobile Game Animation Major for Women on Huffington Post.
- Moore College of Art: women’s school launches game design major on Technically Philly.
- Women in tech can have it all – even an arts degree article from The Guardian.
Above classroom photos: 2015 Thom Carroll Photography