Above photos: 2014 Thom Carroll Photography
NEWS & HIGHLIGHTS
100% of 2013 Fashion Design graduates are employed, 100%with organizations in their field of study. For more details visit the Locks Career Center page
Heather Ujiie, adjunct professor of Fine Arts (textiles), Fashion Design and Interior Design, is the recipient of The Franz and Virginia Bader Fund grant. The grant is awarded to visual artists over 40 who live within 150 miles of Washington, D.C. The $15,000 grant enables recipients to concentrate on their artwork.
- Fashion Design students gain invaluable experience by working several shows during NYC Fashion Week.
Fashion Design Chair and Faculty Member Janice Lewis is currently serving on the Regional Board of Fashion Group International as Treasurer. Janice also serves on the board of the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator at Macy’s as Secretary and sits on the committee organizing the next themed Incubator “The Future of Fashion” , which will be at the Convention Center in Philadelphia Fall of 2015.
- Dom Streater '10, Season 12 winner of "Project Runway" was featured in an article on philly.com about her New York Fashion Week collection. She participated in the New York Fashion Week show in September 2014. Streater presented her spring 2015 collection, called Elevated. The collection was inspired by the view from a cross-country airplane flight. In addition, Streater unveiled Royals, her Fall/Winter 2015 Collection, at Rogue Space, 508 W. 26th Street in Manhattan, on February 13, 2015 at 1 p.m. There, Velodyne displayed its new vFree Gold, Silver, and Rose Gold metallic electroplated headphones. All complement Dom's new fashion line, which features bold prints in black, white, and smoke grey with accents of silver and gold.
- Carrie Morrissey '04 has been recently featured in international magazines, Elle and just this week in the NY Post! Her line of accessories, I Still Love You NYC, has been picked up by DKNY (ISLYNYC for DKNY) and featured in fashion week. She is paving her own creative path and building a small (for now) fashion empire from her studio in Brooklyn.
- Jasmine Bagley '13 is currently an Assistant Designer at Jones New York. Since graduating she has completed numberous internships including ones at Alice + Olivia and Cynthia Rowley. She has also freelanced at Kate Spade NY, Kate Spade Saturday, and Club Monaco.
- Deborah Artaza ‘ 12 was contacted by Award winning documentary director Davis Guggenheim's Production team to be featured in his latest documentary. The story is about the large number of the American population who lives their lives outside of traditional banking. She started a growing a business on a prepaid credit card. The film crew shadowing her everyday as a independent small business owner (DEBIL, all leather, handmade handbags made in the US) for a few days. The film sponsor AMEX, will be showing a short trailer in which she is featured at South by South West Film Festival. Here are links to her campaign bit.ly/DEBIL , of the full film bit.ly/TYT and the short version of her story bit.ly/SpentDA
Dressler Smith '80 was a guest speaker for Life in the Arts 2014. The event took place October 18, 2014 at the Union League of Philadelphia. From January through February 2015, Smith was in the Gloucester County Art Show at Rowan College. In addition, she wrote a book about her artistic career entitled Celebrating Life Through the Arts: The Inspirational Journey of Dressler