High School seniors and those with no prior college experience should apply as first-year students. If you have not completed high school, you must earn a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) for admissions consideration.
First-Year Application Checklist
The checklist below shows the items necessary for admissions consideration. You may submit them together, or separately as they become available. We understand that your portfolio may not yet be ready at the time your application arrives.
Completed application and $60.00 (non-refundable) application fee
Download an application
Official High School transcripts
SAT or ACT optional
Portfolio of 12-20 pieces of original artwork. Learn more about preparing your portfolio
At least one letter of recommendation from your high school art teacher or guidance counselor is suggested.
Proof of English language proficiency, if English is not your first language (view International Applicants for details)
We encourage you to show your portfolio during an individual interview. To arrange an appointment, contact your admissions counselor directly or call the Admissions Office at 215.965.4015 or 1.800.523.2025 .
First-year students who submit an application and are admitted by December 1st, are eligible for Early Action. The benefits of Early Action include a $500 scholarship on your first year at Moore as well as priority financial aid and housing consideration.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) CREDIT
- Moore College of Art & Design may award a maximum of 3.0 studio elective IB credits and a maximum of 9.0 liberal art IB credits.
- Regarding studio credits, the College may award 3.0 credits if a student receives a score of 7 on the Standard Level examination, or 3.0 credits for a score of 4 or better on the Higher Level examination.
- Regarding liberal art credits, the College may award 3.0 credits per applicable exam if a student receives a score of 4 or better on a Higher Level examination.
- No Standard Level examinations will be considered for liberal arts transfer.
- Moore College of Art & Design may award 3.0 credits toward the liberal arts requirement for any CEEB Advanced Placement Examination in English, Art History or History with a score of 4 or better.
- In addition, a maximum of 3.0 credits from AP studio art may be awarded with a score of 4 or better. These credits may be transferred in as a studio elective.
- An official report of scores must be submitted to Moore directly from the College Board, Advanced Placement Program, Princeton, NJ.
- Students are notified of AP credits awarded prior to registration.
Admission Without High School Completion
If you have not completed high school, you must earn a General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D) for admissions consideration.