TSI 2013: Integrative Practices in Art Education
June 30 to July 6, 2013
Recharge, Refocus, Reconnect!
Moore’s Teachers Summer Institute 2013 is designed to enhance the culture of teaching and to empower learning in visual art. A professionally directed program of studio-based workshops offers educators the opportunity to recharge batteries, deepen personal direction, hone skills, expand concept development, and discover new applications for educational practice.
- Make art in an exciting studio setting
- Learn new skills and techniques
- Network with colleagues
- Explore issues in contemporary art
Earn 3 graduate-level credits
STUDIOS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS:
- Invigorate individual practice
- Strengthen the teaching experience
Expand resources for curricular design
2D & 3D Studios: In studios facilitated by professional art faculty, participants focus on personal direction, experimentation, and individual point of view. Options include drawing, painting and mixed media.
Contemporary Art & Lunch: Guest speakers address issues in contemporary art and relate them to the interests of young people. A presentation by the Barnes on Museum Resources is included.
Museum & Gallery Visits: An open day provides the opportunity to tour the nearby Philadelphia Museum of Art, Barnes Foundation, and Philadelphia’s other outstanding cultural institutions.
Optional Evening Sessions: Choices include: Extended Studio Time, Life Drawing Workshop, and Printmaking Workshop.
Optional Extra Day: Participants may extend their stay through Sunday, July 7.
Special Session for Pennsylvania Art Teachers: A special session for PA art teachers will focus on linking teachingpractice to PA Arts and Humanities Standards.
Participants earn 3 graduate credits for Integrative Practices in Art Education (EVTI602). PA certified teachers receive Act 48 hours; non-PA certified teachers receive documentation of professional continuing education hours.
Tuition: $550 (all inclusive)
$525 early registration before May 18
$35 optional extra day (July 7)
HOW TO REGISTER
Click on link below to go to SelfService Online Registration and follow these steps:
- Disable pop-up blockers and then choose “Create a New Account”
- Create Username and Password (write them down - they cannot be reset)
- Choose “Find Courses”, enter EVTI602 into “Course Code Field” and select "Search"
- Choose “Add” to place EVTI602 in your Cart and select “Proceed to Registration”
- Choose “Next” and then “Next” (again)
- Accept Terms and Conditions in the dialogue box, scroll down and to the right to choose “Continue Checkout”
- Enter payment information and select "Continue Checkout"
- Review information and then choose “Submit Payment”
- Look for an auto-confirmation in your email
Click HERE to proceed to TSI Online Registration.
For more information call 215.965.4030 or email email@example.com.